Home

NBA 2K13 - What we know so far! FAQ/Q&A

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 - What we know so far! FAQ/Q&A within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
NBA 2K13 - What we know so far! FAQ/Q&A

Here's a FAQ for what we know about NBA 2K13 thus far.
Inspired by inkcil's "We need a sticky" thread.

Updates in bold.

Please come with suggestions what should be added/rewritten and I will keep it updated!

Here's a link to all OS's articles about NBA 2K13.
http://www.operationsports.com/games/891/nba-2k13/

General Information:

Q: When will NBA 2K13 be released?
A: On October 2nd

Q: Will I get access to All Star Weekend if I don't pre order or if I buy the game at a later date?
A: The official word from 2K is that the ONLY way to get ASW is if you pre order the game.
There is no guarantee whatsoever that you will get ASW if you don't pre order and there they haven't said anything about it being available as a DLC later on.
This pre order bonus permeates throughout all the modes, Association, My Player, etc. In effect this means that you will get the All Star Game, Rookie game, dunk contest and three point contest in all these modes. Will your My Player be good enough to earn a spot in on of these contests? (my own tagline )

Q: When will the demo be out?
A: The demo will be out on 25th September (26th in some international countries) and will feature one quarter between the Oklahoma City Thunder and Miami Heat. The demo will be online enabled which means you will be able to play quick matches online against random opponents.

Q: What's new in NBA 2K13?
A: They've revamped the controls. Dribbling is now done on the right stick, where the left stick controls your movement and the right stick your dribble moves. The shot stick is still in effect but you have to use LT/L2 to engage it.

Q: Will the DLC from 2K12 (Legends showcase, '91 Warriors, etc.) carry over into 2K13?
A: No word on this but the guess is that these teams will probably be in the new game. No word if the actual Showcase will be in the game as a separate feature or not.

Q: What changes have been made to CAP/Edit player?
A: Not much is known yet but it was reported by Mike Wang that users could mix and match 'Mini-Dunk' packages.

Q: Are there any other international teams in NBA 2K13 besides the 92 Dream Team and the 2012 Olympic Team?
A: No words on this as of yet but it looks like there's just those two teams in it. EA Sports owns the rights to FIBA in basketball games so it's not likely that 2K have reserved the rights to use them.

Q: What is My Team?
A: My Team is similar to Madden's Ultimate Team. You buy and sell players and booster packs and assemble a team and then compete online against other players' teams that they have built. Buying and selling players will be like a stock market where their value will vary depending on how they perform in the real NBA.
You can take your My Team and compete in something called Road to the Playoffs were you try to earn a playoff spot against other players and try to take home the championships.

Association mode:

Q: Has Association been improved?
A: No word yet but we will probably know sometime in September.

Q: Will 2K let us have flex schedules for Online Association in 2K13?
A: Yes! flex schedules have been confirmed for NBA 2K13.

Q: Will there be sliders in my Online Association?
A: Yes! The admin will have full control of sliders for online associations!
Also, admins will have control over games that end because of connection errors, etc., so that they can decide the final scores and even stats for individual players.
Full Online Association control!

Q: Will we able to play shortened season like last years lockout in Association Mode?
A: No, but a new feature lets you start an association from the actual date in the NBA. It imports all the stats and standings up to that date so you are free to start an Association from day one, just before All Star Weekend or even just before the playoffs and you can play with the real teams and real stats from that point in time.
You will still be able to choose how many games you want a season to be just like normal Association Mode (e.g. 14, 28, 58, 82 games).

My Player/My Career:

Q: Does NBA 2K13 include Crew mode? That was my favourite mode ever!!!1
A: It has been announced that Crew mode will not be in the game this year either. 2K didn't want to implement it if they couldn't offer the consumers a balanced, solid experience.

Q: Has My Player been improved?
A: It's been renamed to My Career. My Player just refers to your character, not the mode, although the mode is the same as My Player. No word on gameplay yet but everything around My Player has been changed. Some new things include:
- You can be drafted #1 this year.
- The Rookie Showcase is back but no info on what comes before it or after.
- You can select Game Day outfit, Game Arrival outfit and something called Blacktop outfit. No specific info on what Blacktop for My Player consists of thus far.
- There are assignable sig warmups for your My Player this year.

A new feature is Coach Feedback were your coach will actually punish you foor playing poorly and rewarding you for playing back.
Chucking up two half court shots or making too many turnovers can have you benched for the remainder of the game. On the other hand, if you play well the coach will give you more minutes and give you positive feedback on your game

Q: What is VC and how will it work?
A: VC stands for Virtual Currency and will be earned throughout the game in all game modes. You use VC to purchase attire and Signature Skills for your My Player. VC is also used in the My Team mode to purchase additional players. VC's will also, most likely, be purchasable through micro transactions.

Q: Can you take My Player online?
A: Yes you can, via the Blacktop Mode.

Q: How has player AI been improved?
A: Work as been done to improve the AI so that they player smart. Basically, your AI teammates play more realistically then they have in the past.

Classic teams:

Q: What classic teams have been confirmed?
A: All classic teams from 2K12 return in 2K13.
The new confirmed teams are:
1992 Dream Team
2000-2001 Philadelphia 76ers

You will not need any codes or such to unlock these teams.

Q: Will we be able to use the classic teams online?
A: Yes. All classic teams, including the Dream Team and USA Olympic team, will be available online.

Q: Has traditional Blacktop mode been confirmed?
A: No info on this yet. However, a My Player screenshot features an option to choose Blacktop clothing.

Q: What online game modes will be featured?
A: Presumably, traditional online features are in the game, i.e. match up, where you play a team of your choice against other online players. 2K ranked games are probably in too.

Gameplay:

Q: Is manual bounce passing and lob passing finally in the game?
A: Manual bounce passing is in the game, however manual lob passing does not seem to be in.

Q: What Signature Skills?
A: Signature Skills are skills that have been given to players to make them stand out beyond their stats. For example; someone like Derrick Rose will have the Acrobat Skill which makes him be more acrobatic around the rim when meeting resistence. Another might be the Closer skill which makes the player more adept at hitting shots in the fourth quarter.

For a great article on Signature Skills, please read Keni Glover's piece:
http://www.operationsports.com/featu...nged-the-game/

Q: Is the press-sensitive passing or manual bounce passes in game?
A: Manual bounce passes are in the game this year! Other passing animations will be random like before, no press-sensitive passing.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/

Last edited by KyotoCarl; 09-21-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Updated the FAQ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 - What we know so far! FAQ/Q&A

this is a good thread so people wont be making threads about info already released.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

KyotoCarl, the 1990-91 Bulls are also in (Jordan sig. skills screen).

Last edited by aloncho11; 09-07-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

KyotoCarl, Did you want people to ask a question on here and wait for a confirmation or ask a question and give a ansewer if only they know it?

Has Allen Iverson art model been updated to make him look like the younger version vs the older version weve seen?

no confirmation besides his ratings are from the 2000-2001 era.

Last edited by jayrich751; 09-07-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

You can confirm there is no crew mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 13

Can we play unranked online games with custom sliders? In 12 we only had default, casual, and sim options, although in sim, there were hardly any fouls called. I'm hoping to bump up fouls so that there are more free throws and players in danger of actually fouling out.

Please confirm. Thx.

BigBlue
Old 09-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
I thought we'd only have the faq here but I guess it could be a good thread to have questions in too and people can come and answer. Then we can add it to the faq.

I'll be updating it tonight!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12

Q what changes have been made to CAP/Edit player?

A Not much is known yet but it was reported by Mike Wang that users could mix and match 'Mini-Dunk' packages.

Source : http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-producer.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Can we play unranked online games with custom sliders? In 12 we only had default, casual, and sim options, although in sim, there were hardly any fouls called. I'm hoping to bump up fouls so that there are more free throws and players in danger of actually fouling out.

Please confirm. Thx.

BigBlue
I read yesterday that Online assoc HAS custom sliders.

If you wanna confirm that for yourself you'll have to dig a little

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »