Home

Better patch & tuner management is badly needed for NCAA Series

This is a discussion on Better patch & tuner management is badly needed for NCAA Series within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Better patch & tuner management is badly needed for NCAA Series

Patch and tuner management seems to be the NCAA series weak point. They need to better think out their strategy when it comes to patches and tuners. As we all know patches come at a premium. A company only get 3 of them for free and each additional one after that the company is charged for. Which is why you don't see a lot of patches for games.

With that said, NCAA dev team should work to get the most bang for the buck. Over the years they really haven't and this year has been the worse. EA wasted a patch just to turn on a uniform store and used a previous patch just to put in the uniform store menu. Yes I said wasted.

Reason I say wasted is because they knew before the game came out they were going to have a uniform store and knew they were going to have DLC for the game. So why weren't these features already turned on in the game from default ? Serious question.....

I own a lot of games and all of them have DLC. But NONE of them required a patch to put a store in and another patch to turn the store on. All of that stuff was already built into the game. Therefore when DLC hit the market place, all you had to do was download the DLC.

IMO, the uniform store should have been in the game from the beginning and turned on from the beginning. Then all EA had to do was just release DLC for it when ever it came available.

Step back and look at the big picture here folks. Patch # 3, just to turn on a store. That's it.....Their last free patch.....to turn on a store.

Sure they may or may not release additional patches for NCAA 13, but those will cost EA money. With that said, they might not be so incline to release anymore patches because of that.

When I think of all the game play related issues they were never fixed, never addressed, yeah it does irk, annoy and sting a little to know they used their last free patch to turn on a store. We talking about a store here. Something that should have been already on from the get go.

Yeah the store is great and all, but you shouldn't have needed 2 patches to get it. One patch to put it in and another patch to turn it on. That is just sloppy management when you knew full well you were going to have a store and have DLC for it. Store should have been in the game and already turned on from default DAY ONE.

Come on guys......Look at the lingering issues in this game still:

Quote:
No punt blocks

No FG blocks

No pass interference

No pass rush from defensive ends

Bad ball carrier vision from punt returners and kick off returners

Sacks on screens

Option offense not working properly for the CPU

No dirty uniforms for away teams

Bad clock management for CPU teams

Bad play calling for CPU teams

CPU Ball Carriers running directly into defenders instead of AVOIDING THEM

Elusive animation still plays out like the truck animation

Defensive linemen shedding their block instantly and doing a 180 degree turn running at full speed as soon as a ball carrier runs passed them and magically manages to tackle the ball carrier from behind instantly majority of the time.

Safeties getting burn repeated on deep routes, whether it be 4 verticals, 1 streak, deep post.

Sliders not working properly

Some ratings not working at all

CPU QBs never rolling out or throwing on the run or doing a shovel pass

CPU teams and players not having situation awareness of where they are on the field, the down and the distance at that time

Dynasty freezes

Defenders having Michael Jordan type of verticals and jumping much higher then what their jump rating dictates to snag an interception.

Defenders changing directions on a dime with no slow down or weight shift what so ever.

Then don't get me started on you guys lack of using tuners.....

On one hand you tune route running for WRs on come back routes along the sidelines to keep them from running out of bounds and coming back inbounds too often, but YET you guys refuse to tune the dumb logic of having punt returners and kick off returners running directly into defenders in a straight line.

How come you don't tune them and all ball carriers really to run to open space ? If the far side of the field is open, which it is majority of the time, then damn it program the CPU ball carriers to run to that side of the field.

On one hand you tuned ball carriers to use special moves, when in reality the only special move you increased was the juke move and not the spin move, but never the less, on the other hand you refuse to increase ball carrier vision rating effectiveness for ball carriers. Don't know how many times I have to suggest to you guys increase ball carrier vision effectiveness by 150%.

Ball carriers need to avoid traffic and defenders, not run directly head 1st into them.

On one hand you fixed defenders not reacting to option plays, but on the other hand you didn't fix CPU QBs from not reacting to a defender coming up the middle directly in his face that is about to sack him.

On one hand you decreased the effectiveness of a QB running up the middle from under center, but yet you refuse to increase the effectiveness of a punt or FG being blocked.

This selectively tuning some things while ignoring others is irritating. It is like you guys only tune game play related things that people ONLINE exploit. If it isn't an exploit online, you guys turn a blind eye to it.

Here is an idea......start tuning CPU AI game play deficiencies. Because you know what ? Not everybody plays online 100% of the time. A lot of us play the CPU only or CPU most of the time.

So why should offline players get shafted every year ???

Do I need to write out a detailed list of every thing the CPU AI controlled player don't do right or don't do at all ? Do I need to list everything I don't see in the game, that could easily be tuned in the game ?

I am so sick and tired of this. You have tuners.....use them. This game is so close but yet so far away at the same time. Focus guys ! Actually and I mean really really actually play against the CPU or hell just watch CPU vs CPU game play. Pay attention to what they are doing and not doing that they should be doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Banned

Pmoney327's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Better patch & tuner management is badly needed for NCAA Series

What bothers me, is we get tuners, and EA never tells us what they do and fix.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmoney327
What bothers me, is we get tuners, and EA never tells us what they do and fix.
Are you subscribed to EA social channels or check out the brand pages?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
Banned

Pmoney327's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
Well I mean, they don't tell us right away. It takes a secondary entity to get EA to spill the beans. How long did it take to find out what the Tuner at Launch did?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Links?
10char
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

The previous patch wasn't just to add the store in. The store was just a part of it. That was also the patch they used to add in the gameplay stuff they have added. Other than that I agree with where you are coming from and it would have been better to have another way to activate the store besides using a patch.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Glad to see you guys at least reading threads with people constructively posting problems/issues with the game. Sad to see the only comment made is to defend the company in regards to where we can get information for the few things they happen to tweak/tune...

Edit: Also before I get a finger waving PM or something like that, let me add:

NCAA Football has a specific forum, on the EA Sports website. We shouldn't have to follow some random dude's twitter account, or some fansite, or any other garbage to find information about what is being, fixed, tuned, changed...etc. If they're going to update the product, they need to put the information on the updates in a place easily accessible by most anybody...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/3947.page

...for starters, the "Official" NCAA forum would be a great place. Instead we have a sticky about a pod cast for uniform updates.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey

Last edited by Amoo316; 09-06-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Post of the year skillz ... Spot on with this and mad props for it! EA is inching closer to having one less customer in me and that is saying alot, because I have been a loyal customer ever since the Bill Walsh days. EA needs organization, their structure and their decision making has been pure sloppiness for years now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »