Home

Super Jumping Defense

This is a discussion on Super Jumping Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2
Super Jumping Defense

I am really surprised I couldnt find anything on this. We all know about super LB's last year not letting anything being thrown over the middle. Well this year I think the entire defense is super jumping. I mainly just notice this on crossing routes and post routes though. My WR will break on a post to the side line and the CB will fall at least 6 yards behind sometimes. I aim to the outside shoulder, fire away, then it happens......speed burst by the CB to get in the path of the ball, even though he is still 5 yards under me, he jumps with an 80 inch vertical and intercepts is in a near impossible player. I played someone online today who followed me out there with a 300lb defensive end and he done the same thing. Some miraculous jump out of no where to pick me off.

I can always tell after I throw when this animation will happen. They will be running my route only 5 yards below what I am actually doing it in. I throw more INT's like this then I would if I threw it straight to a standing still defender. I have read a lot about people complaining about INT's, and this is basically the only thing I hate about this game. EA should have more players try to just swat the ball away then intercepting everthing thrown there way. I might see one swat a game, when in real life swatting or picking the ball out of the receivers hand as he is trying to pull it in, is way more common then someone jumping to the sky or jumping without looking to pick someone off.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Super Jumping Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc_kobw
I am really surprised I couldnt find anything on this. We all know about super LB's last year not letting anything being thrown over the middle. Well this year I think the entire defense is super jumping. I mainly just notice this on crossing routes and post routes though. My WR will break on a post to the side line and the CB will fall at least 6 yards behind sometimes. I aim to the outside shoulder, fire away, then it happens......speed burst by the CB to get in the path of the ball, even though he is still 5 yards under me, he jumps with an 80 inch vertical and intercepts is in a near impossible player. I played someone online today who followed me out there with a 300lb defensive end and he done the same thing. Some miraculous jump out of no where to pick me off.

I can always tell after I throw when this animation will happen. They will be running my route only 5 yards below what I am actually doing it in. I throw more INT's like this then I would if I threw it straight to a standing still defender. I have read a lot about people complaining about INT's, and this is basically the only thing I hate about this game. EA should have more players try to just swat the ball away then intercepting everthing thrown there way. I might see one swat a game, when in real life swatting or picking the ball out of the receivers hand as he is trying to pull it in, is way more common then someone jumping to the sky or jumping without looking to pick someone off.
I have noticed the same thing. I've had a couple cross the middle throws being picked by MLBs as well when theyre a solid 20yards infront of the receiver. I'm curious if QB heigh might change this?

I've somewhat combated the WR streak int by throwing balls to either their inside or outside shoulder depending on the location of the CB using the LS. I'm debating adjusting the interceptions sliders simply because 50% of the time i throw a perfect pass to Fitzgerald the CB makes a superman jump int.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

I've never seen a linebacker go into the superman animation and not make the pick. I though they were supposed to be gone.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I have yet to see super human plays by the defense.
since I have yet to see video evidence that supports claims of super jumping, I have to say stop making dumb passes. Learn to play.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
since I have yet to see video evidence that supports claims of super jumping, I have to say stop making dumb passes. Learn to play.
I'm half tempted to leave the int sliders as is and record some picks I think are ugly. Granted i'll be recording them with my phone so the picture quality might be what you'd expect from a toaster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #6
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Learn to play? I bet I would beat you right now if we played. Obviously you cant read, if I say someone is 5-8 yards ahead of someone and I throw him the ball still trying to lead him and I get picked off, that isnt a dumb pass. That is a miraculous play by the defender. And if you would read around a little bit, you would see other people mention about it in numerous threads, Im just the first one to make a thread just about it.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:32 AM   #7
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpieDJC
I'm half tempted to leave the int sliders as is and record some picks I think are ugly. Granted i'll be recording them with my phone so the picture quality might be what you'd expect from a toaster.
I will probably do the same thing if people think its just you playing. This is probably my favorite football game to date, at least my most played one at the rate Im going right now, and Ive probably not said anything negative about it yet. Even though I do wish we could take our own rosters into CC and that we could import draft classes. But other than that, the interceptions and the amount of them are the only thing I think needs fixed. If a ball is thrown directly at my defender it will bounce off his brick hands, but if hes jumping/diving 5 ft in the air one-handed, it is for sure caught.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:32 AM   #8
Rookie

I dont have a problem with super jumpy defenders, mine is with cat like refleces, super stretchy arm defenders.

I'll have a guy in space, throw to him, and the LB will reach out at full stretch and pick it. Often one handed. Every now and then it'd be fine, you get tremendous stretching plays. But most of the time if a defender is really having to stretch to get there, it's gonna be deflected not caught.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »