Home

How to Create a Pure 1:1 Ratings Ratio (Defaulting Madden)

This is a discussion on How to Create a Pure 1:1 Ratings Ratio (Defaulting Madden) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
How to Create a Pure 1:1 Ratings Ratio (Defaulting Madden)

For those who want a quick answer on how to create a pure 1:1 ratings ratio that actually makes ratings matter in Madden, simply perform the following four steps:

1) Restore all sliders to default settings.
2) Set difficulty to "Custom" (This is the most important step).
3) Set all human sliders to 50 (This should match the CPU sliders that are already at 50).
4) Set "Speed Threshold" to "0."

For those who want a detailed description that explains why this works and how this creates a pure 1:1 ratings ratio, read below.

Full Details

We've all heard the argument and seen the videos that prove ratings don't matter in Madden. The Madden users who make this argument and create those videos, however, are not setting up their game to give ratings a chance to work on a pure 1:1 ratio.

Here is an example thread with video:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/572486-madden-13-player-ratings-mean-absolutely-nothing-video-proof.html]Madden 13 - player ratings mean absolutely nothing (video proof

In this video the user creates a left tackle with horrendous ratings, and the created player routinely shuts down the opposing pass rush. The reason why the ratings in this video don't matter is because the difficulty setting (All-Madden) is meant to favor the CPU. The AI skewers player ratings to favor the CPU and make the game more difficult for the user... In other words, the ratings are not working on a 1:1 ratio.

Now, it would make sense that simply adjusting CPU sliders to match Human sliders should promote perfect balance and create a pure 1:1 ratings ratio, but unfortunately that is not the case.

A look at human sliders on All-Madden difficulty.

The above picture shows Human sliders (all at 25) for All-Madden difficulty. If we adjust CPU sliders to match the Human sliders, we still haven't created a pure 1:1 ratings ratio because the All-Madden difficulty is scripted to favor the CPU. This will be the case with any difficulty (Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, All-Madden). Any pre-set game difficulty skewers ratings and will not allow player ratings to be judged on a pure 1:1 ratio.

How and Why Creating a Pure 1:1 Ratings Ratio Works

To create a pure 1:1 ratio we need to "default" Madden. When I say "default," I mean take out any scripted A.I. that has to do with ratings and how player skills are defined on the field. We only want players to behave in a way that their ratings suggest they should. To do this, we need to set difficulty to "Custom," and set all sliders (CPU and Human) to 50.

By removing pre-set difficulties (Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, All-Madden) and setting the difficulty to "Custom," we are removing the scripted A.I. that makes the game easier or harder for the user, and forcing the game to run purely on player ratings that are free from outside influence. If the other team is much better than yours, you will see and feel that through the ratings.

Setting "Speed Threshold" to "0" allows for differentiation between faster and slower players. Normally, setting the threshold so low creates remarkable speed differences that favor the Chris Johnson's and Jamaal Charles' of the NFL. But with ratings that actually matter, we see that "Pursuit" (a rating that suffers from the scripted A.I. of pre-set difficulties) actually matters with our custom difficulty. For maximum "defaulting" I recommend also playing with game speed at "Normal."

Try It Out
I'm sure there will be skeptics. If you are one of them I encourage you to try these settings and you'll see the impact of the 1:1 ratings (it's beautiful). I've play tested in practice mode and multiple "Play Now" games, and I can finally say with a smile that I've received the pure 1:1 ratings that I've been seeking for years.

Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: How to Create a Pure 1:1 Ratings Ratio (Defaulting Madden)

interesting. tried in connected careers mode yet? Its been widely stated that sliders in general behave much more appropriately outside of CCM.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Will be using this method for a while I think....

I'm just so sick of fiddling with sliders to try and get the gameplay balanced, I'm just going to use your simple method of making 1:1 ratios and go from there.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 38

Don't think this will work in CCM.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Don't think this will work in CCM.
uhhh....Why? Some explanation would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
uhhh....Why? Some explanation would be nice.
There are reports that difficulty settings and sliders are not working properly in Connected Careers, specifically offline.

As far as this thread goes, I think I'm one of those skeptics you mentioned, but I will definitely try it and see how it works out. I'm getting something of a challenge with default All-Madden in CCM, without the lame *** "cheat" logic that has so long plagued Madden, but I still don't know if I feel like I'm at a straight 1:1 ratings ratio. I will definitely try this out, thanks for this thread.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #7
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

There is not a "custom" option of difficulty in CCM only Rookie, Pro,All-Pro, All-Madden.
I have a Offline CCM (Player) WR I used game face and made my guy on the panthers. I went with Pro setting because I feel like Pro is the defualt basic of the game to be honest. All-pro I'd say is where most gamers sit. All Madden is for the skilled maddeneer's but I feel Pro is built for authentic easy fun gameplay so I did that.

Now I think I've have a great experience I'm still tweaking my sliders but these have played out dynamically and fantastic for my panthers player CCM

Pro
12 Min Quarters
Accel clock -14 secs
Game Speed Slow
Threshold - 5--Produced alot of big plays (testing 80)
Auto strafe/sprint- OFF

My sliders are
Player
QB acc- 38
Pass BLK- 55
WR Catch- 46
BRK TKl -60
Run BLK- 62
FUmble- 25
Pass RT- 55 (Run/pass ratio theory)
INT- 40
Pass Rush- 100 (I like high slider for this so I feel every linemen has a true "get after QB motor" dont like patty cakes or slowness as is of pass rush
Rush D RT- 39
BLK Shed-52 (Slow players off blocks, no reaches or gap contain kill this so shed is neccessary
Tackle- 38

CPU
QB acc- 43
Pass BLK- 58
WR catch-47

BRK TKL- 43
Run BLK- 46
Fum- 30

Pass RT- 70
INT- 45
Pass Rush- 95

Rush RT- 70
BLK shed-68
Tackle- 51

Some key notes to these sliders the first two weeks of the season our rush d gave over 150+ a game rush yards by CPU .. THen continued to hold the Giants and Falcons to 16 rushes for 63 yards and 13 rushes for 55 yards also collecting 2 Wins.

Week 1 CPU Cam newton ran 13 carries 53 4.1 avg & Ryan Grant(Preseason pick up? IDK why we got him J.Stew & D.Will do not play at all) 27att 118yds 1TD 4.4 avg
My FB Mike Tolbert 1att 47yards 1Td off of Triple option slip play

Week 2 Ryan grant went off 26att for 193yds 7.8 avg 2td

Week 3 Ryan grant was shut down 20att 55yds 2.8 avg
But Cam newton went off running 11att 105yds 1td including a long run of 64 yards on a QB wrap. He also threw for 273yds 2tds 1int.

Week 4 was a block party for Carolina lol
Cam newton collected a perfect passer rating goin 21-26 364 4tds 0int
Ryan Grant caried 17att 78yds 4.4avg 1td
Cam Carried alot after grant was injured in 3rd quarter but was stuffed 19-55 1td

Through 4 weeks Cam newton is 1st in QBR & comp %(125.4 & 73%) 2nd in Pass Yards (1,215) Tied for 11th in Pass TD's (8)

Ryan Grant is 4th in Attempt (90) 5th in Rushing yards (445) he competes in the Broken tackle state and yards after 1st contact.

My High Draft Possesion wide reciever is 5th in receptions (27) tied for 4th in Td's (4)

CCM Team Stats we are 21st in total D (26th Pass -- 15th Rush D)
Tied for 4th in Points allowed-- Dead last in sacks-- 3rd in int's
+6 in Turnover Diff (tied for 4th)

Overall I have been very pleased with my Experience as a player in CCM very fluid dynamic play. I know my offense is a little high powered (Sliders adjusted to some more testing) But I feel Pro might be the even ground in CCM no advantage 1:1 Ratio IMO to either. I know for Coach much these are probably cake walk I havent had time to test Coach with those sliders though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
There are reports that difficulty settings and sliders are not working properly in Connected Careers, specifically offline.

As far as this thread goes, I think I'm one of those skeptics you mentioned, but I will definitely try it and see how it works out. I'm getting something of a challenge with default All-Madden in CCM, without the lame *** "cheat" logic that has so long plagued Madden, but I still don't know if I feel like I'm at a straight 1:1 ratings ratio. I will definitely try this out, thanks for this thread.
My slider adjustments have been evident for me in Offline CCM supersim & stats don't lie. But it really takes some time and fine tuning. I'm trying to balance my field play and Super sim stats to go hand in hand. For Coach mode it probably wont be as much as a problem to balance the gameplay

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

Last edited by King Gro23; 09-05-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #8
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
There is not a "custom" option of difficulty in CCM only Rookie, Pro,All-Pro, All-Madden.
You're right... I'm sorry guys I just assumed the difficulty settings and sliders would be the same for CCM. This is disappointing and I guess we can only use these settings in "Play Now."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »