Home

In a conference that goes 2-10...

This is a discussion on In a conference that goes 2-10... within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Rookie

Apollo1449's Arena

OVR: 2
In a conference that goes 2-10...

...Is it possible not to contend for the Championship?

C-USA looked uglier than your mother this weekend with 10 teams losing, including Houston to Texas St, Memphis to TN-Martin, UAB to Troy, and Marshall, USM, and SMU getting absolutely spanked by the power conferences.

Highlights of the weekend included UCF curbstomping Akron and our win over App State. The way the conference is looking, if the Pirates don't make the Championship game, this season is a complete failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: In a conference that goes 2-10...

UCF is clearly the team to beat in that conference. They get Ohio State next and I suspect they are going to give them a handful. Great defense and their stable of running backs is really impressive.

But are we really shocked that C-USA is this bad? When UCF and ECU are your best teams, you know the conference is very weak.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

Ill wait a few more weeks before I would even think of a championship, and definitely do not agree that anything other than a championship would be a failure.

I am laughing at the struggles of all the Big East defects though. Especially Memphis.
mlb- boston redsox
nhl- carolina hurricanes
ncaa- east carolina pirates
Old 09-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
Pro

goledensilence's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
UCF is clearly the team to beat in that conference. They get Ohio State next and I suspect they are going to give them a handful. Great defense and their stable of running backs is really impressive.

But are we really shocked that C-USA is this bad? When UCF and ECU are your best teams, you know the conference is very weak.
Southern Miss is the best team in the conference. They haven't had a losing season in a very long time and have beat UCF the last 4 years.

Edit: As far as ECU goes, They have a good team, but I don't think they will be able to beat Southern Miss. We will see this upcoming weekend.

Last edited by goledensilence; 09-03-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
MVP

rocker78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goledensilence
Southern Miss is the best team in the conference. They haven't had a losing season in a very long time and have beat UCF the last 4 years.

Edit: As far as ECU goes, They have a good team, but I don't think they will be able to beat Southern Miss. We will see this upcoming weekend.
So. Miss is the best program in the conference no doubt. New coach + new qb is the reason I don't think your team will be as strong this year.

This next game against South Carolina will be a great measuring stick as to where we are as a team. I'm not sure how good we are going to be just yet.
mlb- boston redsox
nhl- carolina hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

SMU will bounce back but Im not sure why you are surprised by this. This was supposed to be a down year for CUSA and UCF wont be playing a bowl game this year.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 09-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker78

I am laughing at the struggles of all the Big East defects though. Especially Memphis.
Its been one game so i wouldnt call it struggling. Pitt lost to a FCS team too so lets laugh at the future of the ACC. It sounds like someone is jealous they are being left in CUSA. As for Memphis they weren't chosen due to football. Like Kentucky being in the SEC.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 09-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
MVP

rocker78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Its been one game so i wouldnt call it struggling. Pitt lost to a FCS team too so lets laugh at the future of the ACC. It sounds like someone is jealous they are being left in CUSA. As for Memphis they weren't chosen due to football. Like Kentucky being in the SEC.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
I'd rather be in the Big East....no doubt. I think they made a mistake by taking some schools over us, but time will tell. Memphis should not be losing to FCS teams, SMU should have done better against Baylor, and Houston should not have gotten smacked by Texas State. ECU may prove to be no better this year, but this past week was a struggle for most teams in the conference.

With no more AQ, being in the Big East isn't as important to me as it once was. Still would be a better place to be, but I'm really not losing any sleep over it.
mlb- boston redsox
nhl- carolina hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »