Home

Question about CAPs

This is a discussion on Question about CAPs within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question about CAPs

I don't know if this is the right forum to put this so I apologize if it is. Im trying to create a few players based on stats, and using a few of the calculators on here. What is the best way to get accurate ratings? Is using a 3 year split the best, or using the previous seasons stats, or a players averages in each category the previous years before? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Question about CAPs

Depends on what you want, really. If you're looking to replicate a season then use the stats from just that season. If you're doing some type of all star or franchise set, a three year average (or more) would work.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Okay thanks. As of right now, I was gonna make the 1987 Cardinals and 1987 Royals and replay the World Series. So using the stats from that year would be the best in this case. Thanks for the input.

Also, what's the best way at making historic full teams? Making the players, releasing all the players from the team you want, and then putting the created players on that team? I tried editing the current players, but it wouldn't let me change their name. Kinda made it more difficult.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Edit the minor leaguers, you can edit everything on the generated players in the minors. I suggest not using the create a player function, you can only create a fixed amount.

Edit: Also, if you have MLB11 there was an awesome 87 set released. You could look at those and get your ratings.

Last edited by Joey; 09-03-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Didn't know there was a limit on create players. What is the best way to get rid of the current mlb players if I decide to make a full 1987 set? I've tried a few ways but none of them have worked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

In the ROSTER CONTROL section (making sure you have the roster you want to work on loaded first).....use the IMPORT PLAYER function tool.
You can overwrite any player with it....but it must be pitcher for pitcher and position player for position player.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 09-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks Knight. I stumbled across that last night, and really didn't know exactly what it did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »