Home

Is the NBA 2K Insider a joke?

This is a discussion on Is the NBA 2K Insider a joke? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Rookie

Gatorfan Frank's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 Is the NBA 2K Insider a joke?

After watching the 2K13 Developer Insight #3 video and seeing the 2K Insider blacked out with his voice changed like he's in witness protection, it made me think that the NBA 2K Insider might be a joke. Then he starts talking about how his favorite animations are the cheerleaders and mascots, and it becomes clear that the guy is definitely a joke.

There really isn't just one person responsible for all player ratings and tendencies, right? It has be to a running joke by 2K. There's no way they would rely on one person to be responsible for every player's ratings and tendencies. That would be like a Fortune-500 company hiring one person to handle both accounting and human resource responsibilities.

My theory is that everyone (or at least a group of people) on the 2K team has input on player ratings and tendencies, and 2K pins it all on the fictional 2K Insider to take the heat for questionable ratings. Then again, I'm a big conspiracy theorist.

What do you think? One person cannot be responsible for such an important part of the game, right? RIGHT?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
Rookie

madmax17's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is the NBA 2K Insider a joke?

Nah it's just one person, Phil Jackson. Can't imagine a better person for the job
Old 09-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Rookie

The 2K Insider is a team of people that work on accessories, ratings and now "signature skills". They're bad at their job.

2K realizes that fans are always directing harsh comments to the "Insider" for being clueless about basketball, so I think they poke fun at it.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

You're probably right.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
I think Ronnie is the insider. I think i heard him slip up on twitter or a YouTube video
"I've never really paid that much attention to it.. know what I'm saying? I'm just a player, I'm a player Greg, and I just play with whatever they put.. if we are gonna play with a sock, then we gon play with a sock." Delonte "The Golden Panther" West
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan Frank
After watching the 2K13 Developer Insight #3 video and seeing the 2K Insider blacked out with his voice changed like he's in witness protection, it made me think that the NBA 2K Insider might be a joke. Then he starts talking about how his favorite animations are the cheerleaders and mascots, and it becomes clear that the guy is definitely a joke.

There really isn't just one person responsible for all player ratings and tendencies, right? It has be to a running joke by 2K. There's no way they would rely on one person to be responsible for every player's ratings and tendencies. That would be like a Fortune-500 company hiring one person to handle both accounting and human resource responsibilities.

My theory is that everyone (or at least a group of people) on the 2K team has input on player ratings and tendencies, and 2K pins it all on the fictional 2K Insider to take the heat for questionable ratings. Then again, I'm a big conspiracy theorist.

What do you think? One person cannot be responsible for such an important part of the game, right? RIGHT?!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

GIFSoup

NO ONe MAN should have all this POWER
21st Century 2K Man!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan Frank
It wouldn't even take 0.5 FTE to do rosters, so no it's not crazy to think that one person could handle that.

Whether one person does it or not is another question entirely. I'm sure most of us could care less WHO does it and care more about HOW it's done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »