Home

EA says: Xbox Arcade or 4G slim models are not able to handle Madden 13, possibly

This is a discussion on EA says: Xbox Arcade or 4G slim models are not able to handle Madden 13, possibly within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
EA says: Xbox Arcade or 4G slim models are not able to handle Madden 13, possibly

Has anyone had success playing this game if you own either of the two models? I just got off the phone with EA and they basically said my Arcade model likely doesn't have enough memory to run Madden 13, as it had the same issue with Madden 12. They're only advice would be to buy a different model Xbox... another user at the EA forums also was told the same thing. Please if you havn't purchased the game yet or know someone who might, check what model of Xbox you own. It's not going to work for the lower end XBOX models. If it does work, please share. I would think there are tons of people experiencing the same issues who have these models of Xboxs.

I for one will probably opt to trade this game then to waste money on a new system, when I have ZERO problems with any game other than Madden...

is anyone here able to play the game successfully for an extended period of time on any of the Xbox model types?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA says: Xbox Arcade or 4G slim models are not able to handle Madden 13, possibly

I have the 4GB slim model, have been running madden just fine

Did they specify whether or not a hard drive makes the difference? Because I have a 250GB xbox hard drive

Last edited by Edi286; 08-31-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Rookie

carolinawolf72's Arena

Re: EA says: Xbox Arcade or 4G slim models are not able to handle Madden 13, possibly

couldn't you just buy the 320GB hard drive instead of buying a new xbox?
Old 08-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFIS
Has anyone had success playing this game if you own either of the two models? I just got off the phone with EA and they basically said my Arcade model likely doesn't have enough memory to run Madden 13, as it had the same issue with Madden 12. They're only advice would be to buy a different model Xbox... another user at the EA forums also was told the same thing. Please if you havn't purchased the game yet or know someone who might, check what model of Xbox you own. It's not going to work for the lower end XBOX models. If it does work, please share. I would think there are tons of people experiencing the same issues who have these models of Xboxs.

I for one will probably opt to trade this game then to waste money on a new system, when I have ZERO problems with any game other than Madden...

is anyone here able to play the game successfully for an extended period of time on any of the Xbox model types?
it runs it just fine..I think they talking about replays because of the lack of harddrive

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
Rookie

i should have specified. the 4gb slim is the model with the problems. I get freezes without the hard drive attached. How would increasing HDD size cure all these bugs. I would need proof before actually trying that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
Banned

spyder_DG's Arena

OVR: 3

Mine was a 4GB slim that I just bought a 250GB HD for. Works just fine....
Old 08-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
Rookie

well were you having the issues with the 4gb hard drive. I have a arcade model, note sure about the hard drive upgrade
Old 08-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
Banned

spyder_DG's Arena

OVR: 3

I never tried it with the 4GB HDD, I bought the 250GB HDD when I got my Xbox. Not even sure I still have the old one. What I'm saying though is I have a slim 4GB that I just upgraded the HDD on and it's fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »