Home

REAL TALK ABOUT MADDEN 13 (SIM FOOTBALL IS DEAD))

This is a discussion on REAL TALK ABOUT MADDEN 13 (SIM FOOTBALL IS DEAD)) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
REAL TALK ABOUT MADDEN 13 (SIM FOOTBALL IS DEAD))

Well, I just wrapped up a few more games of the MADDEN “COMEDY” FOOTBALL SHOW. I’ve been playing M13 long enough to realize(real eyes) that football gaming is all about hype, marketing, & the reward of my $65 transferred to EA’s quarterly profits, 4rh QTR profits( holidays sales included). This is not bashing at all. It’s real talk. I’m an offline player who plays against the computer and friends but I respect online play and those who love it. Just as well, I respect people who want to interact with every aspect of their team(s) through an in depth FRANCHISE MODE have that option to do those things. In any game I buy, I look at gameplay and presentation. THIS IS NOT SIMULATION FOOTBALL. IT HAS BEEN 7 YEARS SINCE WE’VE HAD ANY COMPETITION. The only comparison to Madden has been Madden and THE EA SPORTS NCAA SERIES. They own our money because of OUR LOVE FOR FOOTBALL, THE HYPE MACHINE(MARKETING), THE EXCLUSIVE LICENSE, OUR BLIND COMMITMENT TO BRANDS(SOME OF US ARE WILLING TO GO KAMIKAZE ON ANYBODY WHO OBJECTS ), FALSE PROMISES TO LOOK FORWARD TO, ETC……… MLB THE SHOW(SERIES) AND NBA 2K(SERIES) DEVELOPERS HAVE THE SAME TOOLS AVAILABLE TO THEM AS MADDEN DEVELOPERS. They probably do it with less money. With the popularity of football in this country(look at the OS opening page that shows the popularity of threads and post of different sports forums), there is no reason to not focus on that fact by producing a quality product. COMPETITION MATTERS!! NOT ENDLESS BICKERING OVER THIS YEARS MADDEN VERSUS THE LAST, OVER LAST GENERATION FOOTBALL GAMES OVER THE NEW GENERATION. And yes it’s nothing but a video game. It’s a plastic disk. But I want that disk to have a more close representation of the game I love being simulated on it. Especially since I see companies, or other divisions of EA, who make other sports video games that try to gain our dollars and attention by significantly improving year over year(I’ll admit, with 2k12 it seemed they had gotten a little too comfortable without buying the exclusive NBA license since NBA LIVE was nonexistent). This is my observation of the facts as I see them. Sim Football is dead. We’ve kept it alive through our ability to be PIMPED with HYPE & MARKETING.

Look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU5N84Wof1s

The graphics have gotten better and better, but the GAMEPLAY and FUNDAMENTALS have been ignored for years. I’ve owned and played them all!!!!!!!!!!--- LOOK AT THE DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF MADDEN. REALLY LOOK AT THEM. SAME A.I. WITH BETTER IMPLEMENTATION OF GRAPHIC ANIMATIONS WITH LITTLE FUNDAMENTAL CHANGES IN THE OVERALL "GAME ENGINE A.I." WE'RE GRAPHICALLY PLAYING M13, BUT LOGICALLY PLAYING MADDEN 1989-MADDEN 2012.

__________________________________________________ _____

"IN THESE TIMES, PEOPLE ARE EAGER TO EASILY GIVE AWAY THEIR MONEY. I WILL GLADLY SELL THEM SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO AS LONG AS IT INCREASES MY PROFIT. I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE CONSUMER'S WANTS AND EXPECTATIONS, AS LONG AS EFFECTIVE MARKETING CAN PERSUADE THE CONSUMER TO SPEND, SPEND, SPEND."

AUTHOR-- QUARTERLY PROFITS OF CORPORATIONS

Last edited by footballfan21; 08-31-2012 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Addition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: REAL TALK ABOUT MADDEN 13 (SIM FOOTBALL IS DEAD))

Sorry you feel that way I know alot of people who feel like the gameplay has taken a huge step forward this year.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:30 AM   #3
Rookie

Ashton313Kusher's Arena

OVR: 6

That long *** paragraph and not a Single One explanation on how it's Not sim..smh
Old 08-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #4
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

Boohoo! Some of ur lil "sim" features were taken out temporarily in order to deliver a more in depth and promising mode. Plus the gameplay is way beyond what its been, the IE will improve the gameplay 300% over the next 3-4 years.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:43 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Your entire post was nothing but another "EA steals ur money uz they have no competetion" rant, instead of why the game is o longer sim. Its quite old and tired tbh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
Boohoo! Some of ur lil "sim" features were taken out temporarily in order to deliver a more in depth and promising mode. Plus the gameplay is way beyond what its been, the IE will improve the gameplay 300% over the next 3-4 years.

I didn't write this post for combatant reaction. It was meant to be exactly a look at what your last sentence states. An in depth look at how your expectations and mine are not nearly being met, but the belief in them continues to lighten our pockets for profit margins with unsatisfactory results. But hey, if you're happy, great. EA will continue to sell you dreams of modern day advancements in technology that are being better implemented elsewhere.

"IN THESE TIMES, PEOPLE ARE EAGER TO EASILY GIVE AWAY THEIR MONEY. I WILL GLADLY SELL THEM SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO AS LONG AS IT INCREASES MY PROFIT. I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE CONSUMER'S WANTS AND EXPECTATIONS, AS LONG AS EFFECTIVE MARKETING CAN PERSUADE THE CONSUMER TO SPEND, SPEND, SPEND."

AUTHOR-- QUARTERLY PROFITS OF CORPORATIONS

Last edited by footballfan21; 08-31-2012 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 08-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #7
Rookie

chzblck's Arena

Just for the record I Imagined you clapping your hands throughout most of your speech.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Haters are *****ng ridiculous, every single year. This is the best Madden game to come out as far as raw gameplay goes, if you hate it, you hate football.

Deal with the facts that your precious sim features have been removed and go play soccer manager 2012 if you want an in-depth franchise mode.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »