Home

Comeback routes are money???

This is a discussion on Comeback routes are money??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Comeback routes are money???

Seem to be money in this game. Can someone weigh in on this? I'm talking about the deep comeback route where the WR breaks away from the CB to the sideline. If you have time in the pocket and time the throw, it seems to be nearly unstoppable. Last night I abused Joe Haden (who has 97 man coverage) vs my buddy in an online game on all madden with that route. I did this on a Sage Rosenfels to Percy Harvin connection so we're not talking about an unstoppable combo here. I even abused Deion with Percy in practice mode against the Canton greats with this. EA needs to look into this. Meanwhile, anyone know how to stop this? My percentage of success with this route is MUCH higher than it should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Comeback routes are money???

Use a buzz zone. Its near impossible for any great to stop it in any game in real life. Also a good pass rush can stop it no problem since it take so long to develope
Old 08-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Its a man beater. Simple as that. If you play man coverage against it, it will burn you 99% of the time.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
Rookie

mikemck09's Arena

Online/Offline this route is broken... Revis, Dieon, Haden, no matter who's lined up this route will be wide open 100% of the time... I've had a back up TE run a comeback with a CB lined up on him and the CB although more agile and aware gave a 5 yard cushion allowing the catch with yards afterwards... It needs to be fixed...
Old 08-31-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemck09
Online/Offline this route is broken... Revis, Dieon, Haden, no matter who's lined up this route will be wide open 100% of the time... I've had a back up TE run a comeback with a CB lined up on him and the CB although more agile and aware gave a 5 yard cushion allowing the catch with yards afterwards... It needs to be fixed...
It is not broken. In real life the comeback route is a man beater so it should be like that in the game. If you are getting beat by it you need to adjust, and that is what football is about. If you are the one constantly beating man coverage on a CB route its a problem with the AI being unable to adjust -- not the route.

The main things that stops a comeback are a pass rush as it is a play that takes a while to develop (as another poster stated) or a bad throw by a QB as it is a relatively difficult throw to make.

Man coverage is already extremely good on this game (some would even say it is overpowered) there is no need to boost it further.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #6
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

If you'd like to stay in man incorporate 'press defense' to slow the WR delay the release and disrupt the QB/WR timing, while combined with a good 6 man rush IF you have the personnel.

However if you DO NOT possess corners with that skill set I'd suggest like others that you use 'buzz' (purple zones). Comebacks aren't broken but if you play constant man it's a great way to consistently move the ball, especially with a clean release.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 08-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
Rookie

BleedsBlack&Gold's Arena

Honestly, I can't agree. I used to think this as well, but with some further testing, I've found that I've been getting picked off a lot when I abuse it. So really, there's some learning involved.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #8
Rookie

You can stop it, but the problem is that you have to game plan for it specifically. Just like you have to game plan for everything specifically. The issue with that, is that your opponent can run 3 or 4 plays that you have to game plan specifically for, and then as long as they know when to throw the ball away or check down, they can't really be stopped.

In online games I've stopped kicking off and just kick onsides because I score on 90% of my drives. My opponent has to do better than that to beat me and if he is, I'm better off taking the gamble on the onside kick. I hate playing that way as its pretty cheesy and unrealistic, but what do you do?

This game needs a serious injection of defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »