Home

Player progression upgrades

This is a discussion on Player progression upgrades within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Player progression upgrades

Anyone found any upgrades to be either totally worth it or a total waste? Is the Development Trait worth 50,000XP? The Swim Move? Etc ...

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Player progression upgrades

I think the real question is, has anyone actually got enough of these XP points to even ATTEMPT buying these things lol.

I like the new XP system and I like how teams can't just be built overnight (or progressed for that matter) but it does seem like it's gonna take a long time to get any player anything note worthy.

Haven't got far enough in my offline CCM to really have much of a say. Just curious as to if anyone else has gotten that far and how long it's taken them if so. I'd imagine simmers might know more.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
Old 08-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Jsan915's Arena

OVR: 3

I bought a couple stuff for my jets. The most xpensive was the play ball in air for Revis. He went from playing aggressive to balance. But he already has 5 picks in week 6 I think. But I usually by specific traits for a player like power moves for a DE and etc.

What does toughness do in the game.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Drafted an 82 Rated QB 4th overall in my first draft. Got a lot of hype and talk. Took him to the Superbowl on the back of my Defense and speed receivers. He had 63K EXP. Upgraded to Superstar progression. So far, couple with my Double QB XP Coach trait, I haven't seen much. But it's only 1 game into the next season. I'll keep an eye on it.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well right now I am a WR for the Raiders as a late round Rook. I caught ZERO passes as a rookie but had a lot of return for touchdowns. I couldn't get in the d*mn game. Year Two I was moved from the 5th receiver to the 4th. Still just special team duties until 1 time simming till human then BAM! The play called for and empty backfield meaning 5 wides( yeah). I got a catch and did hurry up to get my second play ever and it was incomplete. I got like 5 catches. The next game 9. I chose the plays I new I could beat the dumb AI consistently with and used hurry up to stay on the field. I currently hold every Receiving record ever besides career ones and I am in week 12 right now. I have had an opportunity to save and get the weird upgrade packs but they are too vague for me to risk my points. I picked my copy of Madden up and was patient/stupid enough to be a kick/punt returner for EIGHTEEN D*MN GAMES. I deserve these points now. Cpu plays bad defense if you can run to your open spot and get time in the pocket.

BOTTOM LINE____
I am still a fourth stringer with like 8 NFL records and the Leading MVP Candidate but Carson Palmer and the coach get the spoils while I stick to my return duties, getting the donuts for the veterans and hoping a play gets called that allows me to see the field and run my Oregon Ducks offense. - Biggest run on sentence ever

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy

Last edited by sooperb; 08-29-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »