Home

Ncaa is getting old...

This is a discussion on Ncaa is getting old... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ncaa is getting old...

I feel like ncaa is one of the sports game that isn't advancing as much as it should be. I went back and played ncaa 09 and it isn't that much different than 13. Granted, 13 is definitely better, but the improvements should be much more significant in 4 years. I think for 14 there needs to be a large revamp of the series, to make it better and more fresh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
Rookie

I just wish things worked. Like players ratings etc. the AI plays stupid over and over then will bust off a big play. Tired of tinkering with sliders. Tired of playing Alabama and watching them run the option with McCarron. Something they'd never do! Other than a few things here and there this is way worse than ps2 versions in 06 or 07 etc. because the uniforms are so outdated I feel forced to play this. It's not as much fun as things seem broken.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
Rookie

FSU Spear 'Em's Arena

Re: Ncaa is getting old...

I've also never seen momentum so great in real college football that any FSU QB can go 1-9 with 7 INT in one half. Just unreal watching momentum warp players to the ball. One FS can cover 3 guys on this game when they're at home with momentum. It's unreal. I think I'll just break the disc in half and mail it back to EA.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Spear 'Em
I've also never seen momentum so great in real college football that any FSU QB can go 1-9 with 7 INT in one half. Just unreal watching momentum warp players to the ball. One FS can cover 3 guys on this game when they're at home with momentum. It's unreal. I think I'll just break the disc in half and mail it back to EA.

In general cpu defensive backs are too good, in a cheating sort of way. If my wr is doing a fade route and i lob it over his head and he has his db beat, the cpu still someone picks it off far too often.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Really made the mistake of downloading this copy. I usually sell my games later but thought I'd give the download version a shot and expected fast loading times etc, got none of that. Now stuck with it.

People cheese online, I don't get why they can throw bombs on me every time but I can't get just one. Also some guy ran same play hitting the rb out of the backfield on a lob or te up the seam with fla st could not stop it.

Last edited by synch22; 08-29-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

This is why I didn't buy NCAA for the first time in 10+ years. The game has just been so stale. After a month, I just can't touch it. I see games like NHL add a new skating engine, 2k add a new collision system and control stick, and NCAA just hasn't added gameplay features that have drastically improved the series. And its unlikely we see anything until the next generation. This generation has been an utter failure for the NCAA series (and Madden to a lesser extent).
Old 08-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
This is why I didn't buy NCAA for the first time in 10+ years. The game has just been so stale. After a month, I just can't touch it. I see games like NHL add a new skating engine, 2k add a new collision system and control stick, and NCAA just hasn't added gameplay features that have drastically improved the series. And its unlikely we see anything until the next generation. This generation has been an utter failure for the NCAA series (and Madden to a lesser extent).

I agree with this 100%. I played ncaa 09 and compared it to ncaa 13 and its not that much different. In 4 years it should be way different. Compare that to nba 2k, where i popped in 2k9 and 2k12, and 2k12 is much improved(and thats only 3 years, this year is supposed to be another large jump in improvement with better collision physics etc). As you said, the series is just stale and I probably won't buy another ncaa this generation because of it (unless they actually make some real improvements, which i don't see happening)
Old 08-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Heck, I'm thinking about picking up NCAA 07 (first nexgen) just for the sake of seeing the old engine. I remember I had a lot of fun with NCAA 07-08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »