Home

Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES.

This is a discussion on Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES.

Just like any other game out there, release day is always a mix of unhappiness, bitterness, and whining... I have been a Madden release buyer/renter since they started doing Midnight releases all those years ago.

Sure, there are bugs -- but apparently, some are already being worked on and entered into the Online CCM as they don't have to get a full patch out to do that. THERE ARE ALWAYS BUGS.

Let's stop with the negatives for a moment, and focus on the POSITIVE in this thread.

1. Everything negative has to do with the MODE, not the gameplay. (Except those that can't figure out sliders.)

I played at least 5 games while testing different things yesterday, and quite a few longer practices. I'm LOVING what I see as far as gameplay, on Default All-Pro, 12 Min quarters, 18 seconds on the accelerated clock. Gameplay wise, it's the first to demolish NFL2k5.

2. The Storylines and Draft are FANTASTIC. Scouting MATTERS.

My biggest peeve with the franchises in football in the past (mind you, I am NOT a fan of NCAA draft classes, and never have been.) has been that your scouting was essentially useless, and only based on if you scouted a guy for enough weeks. Now, you have to pay attention to the news feed, the Twitter feed, and all kinds of other stuff to have an idea which players are true studs, true busts, and diamonds in the rough.

3. Finally, a Madden with TRUE replay value.

I was one who would usually play 5 seasons with my Lions, use the first year to rebuild, win 3-4 SB's in years 2-5, and then be done with the game, at least until the real-life playoffs, or play with friends. There was never enough depth for me. Knowing that all of these 30 draft classes have storylines, and other things to keep you interested -- plus the fact that I could be fired as a coach and have to rebuild a new team and the like -- adds massive replay value at least for me. I think I'll definitely get through all 30 years this year -- just to keep the storylines going. And, it goes without saying that "Superstar" mode has a ton more replay value than it ever did, as you can still see everything going on as if you were in a "franchise." I love this, and Legends are just icing on the cake.

Don't call me a Fanboy, because just as everyone else -- I feel that some of the issues we are having should have been fixed in testing. At the same time, the game is PLAYABLE in the mode I want to play, and it appears they are MUCH MORE vigilant towards getting the game patched, and also helping us out with online tuning so we don't have to wait for everything. At least they are communicating. I'm not 100% happy either, but instead of the negativity -- at least ONE post should have some talk about all the positives we are seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES.

How about Game Face! I spent all night last night getting myself just right. It was pretty cool seeing Skip Bayless opine about me on Twitter.

I usually exclusively play Quick Match, but I'm looking forward to getting some people to join in on my Connected Career league. My hope is that Madden doesn't get too old too quick.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Good feedback family. I'm an EA critic and I love how this game now has replay value. I've only played ultimate teams, but its been nothing short of epic so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

absolutely love the gameplay but hate the closed nature of connected careers.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Jeff8275's Arena

OVR: 2

I haven't played it enough to have any negative thoughts. I'll say this though from the practices I've been running and the couple of play now games I've played and the 1 online game I played last night; the game just "feels" better than any madden I've played and I've been playing Madden since it's inception. Also, I upgraded my old Toshiba projection HD tv last night to a Vizio 47" Eseries lcd/led TV and I was just blown away at how nice the game looks and how well the running game seems to be this year. At least in my opinion I love the Comp running game this year. I want them to try and run it down my throat and then pop 1 for deep on me when I start creeping up my safeties. I was psyched when I got burned that 1st time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

1. Huge fan of the WR catches animations, Especially the fade routes in the RZ when you use a WR like Megatron or Andre Johnson.

2. Presentation as a whole is awesome, sans the snarky comments phil simms makes, it does feel like im watching a game on sunday.

3. You can finally return a punt for a td this year, that is a huge improvement.

4. The twitter feed is really cool as well, especially when Skip Bayless throws me shade as the coach of the Jets

5. EA Game face is a nice touch for created players, i had it with FIFA12 so i knew what to expect but its awesome seeing myself on the sidelines

I am honestly surprised how much i am enjoying this game,.

Last edited by keator; 08-29-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6
Is it a positive that you think the gameplay is better than a game that is 7 years old? I see that as a negative and still don't think it's better. CPU AI makes terrible play calls and teams like NO and NE run more than they pass.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

I'm very impressed with the graphics. They just seem so much more organic, or rounded (?) than ever before, and the animations are very smooth and 95% realistic. Really digging it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »