Home

Is there CPU playcalling issue considered gamebreaking?

This is a discussion on Is there CPU playcalling issue considered gamebreaking? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Is there CPU playcalling issue considered gamebreaking?

The CPU calls 80% run plays and 20% pass plays on average in CCM. This is causing a pretty significant issue as far as how the games play out as well as stats.

And the problem is we can't edit the schemes in CCM for some reason. So is this considered gamebreaking at the moment?

When can we expect a fix for this that shouldn't have gotten past QA before release?

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Is there CPU playcalling issue considered gamebreaking?

No, sliders fix the play calling. I had a friend test today on the retail version since I have been at work, just picked up my copy at lunch and will also test tonight. But he has played multiple games in CCM with All Madden custom sliders (Jarrod21's green set) against New Orleans and the following weeks team (forget who) and said that NO's scheme changed instantly and Brees lit him up and was 9 - 11 for 100 + in the first quarter alone.

Again, I will verify tonight, but others have said putting it on all-madden changes the CPU's play calling. If you dig around in other threads here you can see that others have said this is the case too.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

To answer your question, imo YES! And I a in doubt sliders change it, I've messed with them and get no difference. And putting it on all-madden? It changes to custom once u change a slider so I'm confused how that even matters? We should be able to pop the game in on any level and AT LEAST get realistic run to pass ratios for every team. This has never been an issue before. Game killer no doubt imo. Too unrealistic and makes it easy to beat the cpu.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
Rookie

On All-Madden default sliders the game is pretty easy. You basically have to beat yourself and throw a bunch of INT's. I think I've given up more defensive TD's than offensive TD's so far.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

I will verify tonight, but others have said putting it on all-madden changes the CPU's play calling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #6
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

it's just as bad on all-pro. I played over a season on all-pro, with all different types of sliders and couldn't change the terrible cpu ai.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankstallone83
it's just as bad on all-pro. I played over a season on all-pro, with all different types of sliders and couldn't change the terrible cpu ai.
Yeah im playing my CCM on All pro and had buffalo run on me 30 times and throw for 15....numbers need to be reversed lol
Old 09-27-2012, 03:05 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Haven't seen any developers respond to this issues after threads have been created and tweets have been sent. I'm done with this game and moved on to ESPN 2K5 until further notice...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »