Home

Dogslax41s Sliders for Casual+ Players

This is a discussion on Dogslax41s Sliders for Casual+ Players within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Dogslax41s Sliders for Casual+ Players

Based on a request in another discussion I wanted to throw out the sliders that I have been using in Play Now and CCM(Coach) and getting great results.

I have to fist give credit to Jarodd21 as I used his black set as a base and began adjusting from there to my play style, which as noted above is what I would consider casual+ and ended up with some pretty significant changes or would have included them in his thread. I've been playing Madden since the Apple II days so I'm a much slower and deliberate player rather than relying on quick twitch reaction stick skills.

My personal house rules and method of play.
I dont move defensive players around and do do any cheap formation audibles. If I do audible its a simple zone to man adjustment or vice versa on defense. On offense I never hot route due to still being gun shy from 2k8 and the broken hot route system and not wanting to take advantage of the game. I call plays using Gameflow. I set my playbook and ratio distribution and call games like most head coaches would and act like the offensive or defensive coordinator is calling in the plays. I sometimes overrule the gameflow but its only to specify run or pass and allow it to still make the call.

Now on to settings and sliders. Not sure if all of these work together or if in pieces they will work but I'll give you everything I set up since I am very happy with my results so far.

Game Time 15 min
Run off to 16 sec
Fatigue 75
Threshold 0
Speed Slow
Start with All-Pro and edit from there (not sure this makes a difference but its sounding like it may)

Penalties (Everyone knows the Madden drill with penalties, I'm playing with these but it doesnt seem to matter too much as long as they arent drastic changes)

Offsides 54
False Start 52
Holding 53
Facemask 54
Clipping 52
Roughing the Passer 54
Everything else at 100

Human / CPU
QB Accuracy 18 / 95
Pass Block 0 / 0
WR Catch 45 / 65

Broken Tackles 50 / 100
Run Block 30 / 70
Fumbles 25 / 40

Pass D
Reaction Time 10 / 100
Interceptions 30 / 65
Pass Rush 30 / 70

Run D
Reaction Time 30 / 80
Block Shed 0 / 50
Tackling 50 / 50

Special Teams still a work in progress. Had it locked down then played a rain game and it was a circus.
FG Acuracy 30
Punt Accuracy 35

Enjoy and hopefully these help someone enjoy the game as much as I have been enhoying it.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 08-30-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Dogslax41s Sliders for Casual+ Players

Thanks for posting these...

I see in the other thread that you're getting pretty good run / pass splits from the CPU...

Any idea why the sliders are triggering that?

Which sliders do you feel are doing the most to contribute to that?

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Short answer. I don't know exactly, but the fact that I just used them in a Player CCM and got the same distribution leads me to a couple possible theories.

The first is the fatigue slider. Fatigue at 75 is giving me a good split between RBs and there might be something to the CPU not wanting to go to the second back as much as the starter when playcalling.

Second is the high CPU accuracy is creating a good to high completion % for the cpu against me. This results in the CPU QBs getting on a hot streak. It seems like the cpu likes to go to the qbs hand when he is in a groove and I am seeing alot of consecutive completede passing streaks when I play. I think this was one of the things that led the Pats to keep passing on me even when they got up big.

The sliders also seem to be perfect to my ability against the CPU, meaning that the CPU can actually sustain drives against me and their playcalling seems to react to that. In the Bengals v Ravens game I played it may be just me projecting what I want to see in a situation that was more chance than anything else, but it ceratinly seemed like the Ravens got very conservative in the red zone becuase it was a grind it out slow game and they were just looking to put points on the board.

One way or another, given how horrible some people are seeing the CPU AI play against them I have generally had the feeling like 85% of the calls the CPU made I would have called a run/pass in that situation. I don't want the game to play 100% to real life statistics because then it really wouldnt be me influencing a video game and I could probably get the same enjoyment out of holding a controller while I watch football on Sunday but these so far have given me the feeling like I am playing against the scheme that my opponent might use in real life on Sunday.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Based on a request in another discussion I wanted to throw out the sliders that I have been using in Play Now and CCM(Coach) and getting great results.

I have to fist give credit to Jarodd21 as I used his black set as a base and began adjusting from there to my play style, which as noted above is what I would consider casual+ and ended up with some pretty significant changes or would have included them in his thread. I've been playing Madden since the Apple II days so I'm a much slower and deliberate player rather than relying on quick twitch reaction stick skills.

My personal house rules and method of play.
I dont move defensive players around and do do any cheap formation audibles. If I do audible its a simple zone to man adjustment or vice versa on defense. On offense I never hot route due to still being gun shy from 2k8 and the broken hot route system and not wanting to take advantage of the game. I call plays using Gameflow. I set my playbook and ratio distribution and call games like most head coaches would and act like the offensive or defensive coordinator is calling in the plays. I sometimes overrule the gameflow but its only to specify run or pass and allow it to still make the call.

Now on to settings and sliders. Not sure if all of these work together or if in pieces they will work but I'll give you everything I set up since I am very happy with my results so far.

Game Time 15 min
Run off to 16 sec
Fatigue 75
Threshold 0
Speed Slow

Penalties (Everyone knows the Madden drill with penalties, I'm playing with these but it doesnt seem to matter too much as long as they arent drastic changes)

Offsides 54
False Start 52
Holding 53
Facemask 54
Clipping 52
Roughing the Passer 54
Everything else at 100

Human / CPU
QB Accuracy 18 / 95
Pass Block 0 / 0
WR Catch 45 / 65

Broken Tackles 50 / 100
Run Block 30 / 50
Fumbles 25 / 40

Pass D
Reaction Time 35 / 100
Interceptions 30 / 65
Pass Rush 30 / 70

Run D
Reaction Time 30 / 80
Block Shed 0 / 50
Tackling 50 / 50

Special Teams still a work in progress. Had it locked down then played a rain game and it was a circus.
FG Acuracy 30
Punt Accuracy 35

Enjoy and hopefully these help someone enjoy the game as much as I have been enhoying it.
This look interesting, I will try them tonight. What is your level you start at(All-Pro, Madden) and do you have an injury slider?
UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider
Old 08-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgameronny
This look interesting, I will try them tonight. What is your level you start at(All-Pro, Madden) and do you have an injury slider?
I start from All-Pro.

I keep the injury slider at default. I tend to like more injuries especially this year with ccm and developing players. It forces me to be more dynamic and it hurts to lose a guy I have invested a lot in. It just seems to keep me more interested in my franchise management having to deal with guys out. For example, Gresham went down with a broken jaw right after I cut a TE and I loved having to react since it forced me to not use my TE as much that week in the passing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
That's awesome and are you doing an online or offline single player ccm?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider
Old 08-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgameronny
That's awesome and are you doing an online or offline single player ccm?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Unfortunately online to get the added xp. Wish I could do it offline because my isp likes to cut out on me. If I'm having a 10+ tackle game at MLB and I lose it to a disconnect I am going to lose it in more ways than one.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

When I've had the user Pass Reaction slider set under 65, I've found that the CB's in a Cover 3 always run forward instead of dropping off into deep zone. It becomes a "money" play for the CPU to go deep. At 65 they seem to drop back into their proper coverage.

Have you noticed anything like this with your set?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »