Home

Secret to enjoying Madden 13

This is a discussion on Secret to enjoying Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Secret to enjoying Madden 13

Ok, I am going to explain to everyone how to make Madden 13 work for you!

First off let me say I really like Madden 13. It is by far the best Madden game ever and I have played them all.
In any case, I am also disappointed in some of the changes to this years game, but rather than complain about it and throw a fit, I have decided to make the game work for me. Here is how:

If you are unhappy with the new CCM mode there is a really great solution. My solution will allow you to edit any and all players, control up to 32 teams, play an offline franchise with 32 real people.
Use play now games instead of CCM. Sounds simple right, sounds like you cannot do anything but play games right? WRONG!! Lets say you want to do a solo coach/gm franchise. You have the power to go in and edit every player in the game and then save that roster. Do so. Find yourself a copy of the current NFL schedule, very easy to do. Go to your computer, or use a pen and paper and copy that schedule. I suggest using Excel. This will allow you to also create team schedules too. Create a standing tables. If you want to keep track of stats you can do that to. Simply create a file or write them down. This can be done in a variety of ways. If you have questions just ask and I will explain more.
From there decide how you want to play the season. Now you will need to play every game of the season. However, you can simply start a game and then supersim to the end or watch the game. If you simply want to play a real coach mode, you can do that too. At the end of each game update your stats, schedule, standings and Injuries. Keep track of the information throughout the season.
If you want to sign free agents, sign them. Of course you will need to do this for all teams. Ok, but what about the draft you say? Well, you can create players that are currently in college and then at the end of the season you can find a creative way to draft those players onto the teams. This can be done a variety of ways. Again I can explain more to those interested.
At the end of the season decide what players you want to move around through FA and trades. Keep track of coaching moves everything. You really have TOTAL CONTROL over your league!

Now I know this is not a perfect fix for some of you. But it allows you to keep up with current roster changes, edit players as you see fit, put next years rookies on the teams. This does require a bit a bit of work on your part, but it is really quite fun to do. Everyone always complains about the poor trade logic, poor draft classes, bad ratings, ect... This gives you the ability to control it all.

If you want a fantasy draft, you can do that too. Simply draft for your team and come up with a system to draft for the other teams, or make it all random, or get a bunch of friends together and do a fantasy draft. Move the players around and save the new roster.

I am really not joking about any of this, I am really trying to help people out here. The gameplay in this game is simply too good to miss out on if you love football. Don't let the things EA took away ruin your game. Take control of the game and make it work for you. Trust me, if you do this you will love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Secret to enjoying Madden 13

Just to continue... I have been doing something like what I mentioned above for a few years now. I like to create past rosters for all of the teams. Because I like to make rosters from the 80s and 90s, the franchise mode in past madden games(and this one) do not really work out well. With many of the rosters I create there were only 28 teams. So I either have 80s rosters playing against current Ravens, Texans, Panthers and Jags, or create teams with fake players. I really do not like either option. So I started creating my own franchise mode. I have really enjoyed doing that over the years and have gotten pretty good at it.
This year I can go even farther with that experience because of some of the new equipment they have added in this year. I always try to make my rosters as accurate as possible and based off of real statistics. I try to make the players wear equipment they wore for that year. So I have to change helmets and such.

Anyway, I am more than willing to help anyone out with starting their own franchise mode. The difficulty sliders work great for play now games, while not so much for the sliders in offline CCM mode. I got the game last night and played for a few hours and then a bunch this morning. I have a good slider set if anyone is interested as well.

I am really trying to help people out here so if you are not interested no problem but I would really like to keep this thread on the positive side, so please no slamming of the game or other players, lets try to be respectful and help each other out.
For those that are interested please ask questions, I am more than happy to help you get everything set up. Sometimes video game developers do not create the game we want them to, so we have to take what they give us and make it work!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Seriously? I'm gonna pay 60 bucks so I can keep track of my own stats? I used to do this back in the early 90's when there was no other option but it's 2012. There is no excuse for this game this year. It's awesome on the field but CCM mode is garbage. Franchise should have never been removed.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frat77
Seriously? I'm gonna pay 60 bucks so I can keep track of my own stats? I used to do this back in the early 90's when there was no other option but it's 2012. There is no excuse for this game this year. It's awesome on the field but CCM mode is garbage. Franchise should have never been removed.
To each his own. I enjoy keeping stats and doing the work. I find it fun. I have been doing it since I started playing football games on consoles, so it isn't a big deal. It takes very little extra time to type the stats into excel.
As far as CCM goes, I think it will actually be a really great mode once they fix it. I am hopeful that will happen with the first patch. The only problems I have with it are the sliders do not work on offline CCM and the player numbers issue. Other than that I like the mode. But again, to each his own. If you do not like the game, do not buy it, or if you did, I am sorry you feel like you wasted your money. Me, I am enjoying the game and will continue to do so.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
To each his own. I enjoy keeping stats and doing the work. I find it fun. I have been doing it since I started playing football games on consoles, so it isn't a big deal. It takes very little extra time to type the stats into excel.
As far as CCM goes, I think it will actually be a really great mode once they fix it. I am hopeful that will happen with the first patch. The only problems I have with it are the sliders do not work on offline CCM and the player numbers issue. Other than that I like the mode. But again, to each his own. If you do not like the game, do not buy it, or if you did, I am sorry you feel like you wasted your money. Me, I am enjoying the game and will continue to do so.
Well I can't quite remember the last time I posted in the Madden boards here. But it's been a while. I was one that never cared for the whole online play. It's been 3 years since I played another player online (due to pairing up with players that play going for it on 4th down, not really simulating like the real game). That said, one thing I had always wanted was to create my own player and develop him to be one of the best in the NFL right now. It was fun for me. So in comes M13. I haven't tried the demo (because I forgot it was available and I've been so busy) but the whole CCM mode sparked my interest. So now that the game is out, I'm just reading a lot of the threads made, to determine if I get the game today or not. I'll just keep reading.

So far I like most of what have been said about CCM and being able to create a player or use an existing one. Iteach, it sounds like you're enjoying the game and I am with you in that I find it fun to be able to compile stats, watch your player progress and have fun. I was big on Superstar mode when I was into Madden.

Last edited by MAzing87; 08-28-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I appreciate the idea but it's just too much work and doesn't feel right. I love scouting and drafting. They need to make a patch.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
Rookie

I cant imagine anyone is going to create 224 rookies + UDFA

And that's just one draft class.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25
Smfh. And that there gentlemen is the type of consumer we are supposed to be?

So I should go back to the way I had to play 20 yrs ago?!?!

Get real fanboy
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »