Home

Bump coverage never works on left side of field?

This is a discussion on Bump coverage never works on left side of field? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Bump coverage never works on left side of field?

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere here. I'm kind of embarrassed I never realized it on my own, but I saw it mentioned in a YouTube video so I tried it out in practice. And it's true. The corners only engage in bump animations on the right side of the field. On the left side, they just let the receiver run by them and turn and run beside them. Very bizarre glitch but I'm surprised it wasn't patched already. Supposedly it is in Madden too but I haven't gotten it yet to test it out.

I tried several different sets, and I tried man 2 under which already bumps the outside guys and manually bumping everyone. I never once saw a bump on the left side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Bump coverage never works on left side of field?

is it in relation to the Sam and Will sides of the formation or are you saying no matter what the offensive formation and defensive formation is called that the left corner will not bump-n-run?
Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

The corners will not engage in any sort of bump/jostling animations on the left side. They line up right on the line as if they will bump, but then just turn and run alongside with no animation triggered.

I tested an I-Twins formation against Man 2 Under. When the receivers were on the right, the bump animations worked fine. Flipped the play so the receivers went to the left, and there was no bump animation. I also tested a shotgun four wide with symmetrical receiver placement vs. a Dime man with bump and it worked every time. The corners on the right would bump and engage their receiver, while the corners on the left would not.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLittleBabies
The corners will not engage in any sort of bump/jostling animations on the left side. They line up right on the line as if they will bump, but then just turn and run alongside with no animation triggered.

I tested an I-Twins formation against Man 2 Under. When the receivers were on the right, the bump animations worked fine. Flipped the play so the receivers went to the left, and there was no bump animation. I also tested a shotgun four wide with symmetrical receiver placement vs. a Dime man with bump and it worked every time. The corners on the right would bump and engage their receiver, while the corners on the left would not.
ugh that's terrible... nice heads up.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have seen this and exploited it vs the cpu. A cue for me to throw deep on my far left WR (solo due to trips right) is to have a single CB line up very close to him, with only 1 safety in the middle (cover 1, 3, safety blitz). I take a 5 step drop and let my speed WR do the rest.

In all honesty if this happened in a real game it would likely end up the same. It is the job of the offense to force the defense to stop the over the top passing game, and if they do not respect the speed, they get burned.

I never realized the CB was not bumping, I figured it was a "press" style without the actual bump.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »