Home

So, 2k doesn't believe in 'shot clock cheese'...your thoughts?

This is a discussion on So, 2k doesn't believe in 'shot clock cheese'...your thoughts? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
So, 2k doesn't believe in 'shot clock cheese'...your thoughts?

If you haven't watched part 2 of Chris Smooves NBA 2k13 impressions, you should- it's definitely worth checking out.

In the video, he mentioned that the devs didn't believe the idea of 'shot clock' cheese from the CPU...but thought that users were maybe panicking at the last second, getting out of position to properly contest shots...

What do you think about this? I know it's been debated a lot around these parts. I for one completely think it exists...I've had so many shots drained in my face when the shot clock was going down....I've even had players like Shaq hit jumpshots with time ticking down. There's no doubt in my mind they get SOME kind of a boost in that situation.

Maybe the new 'contest shot' sliders make this a non issue....what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: So, 2k doesn't believe in 'shot clock cheese'...your thoughts?

I think it is bull. I know they have always said that but it is bull. I don't put myself out of position, I simply put my hands up in the face of the shooter and I feel it goes in about 30-40% of the time.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #3
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Definitely a load of BULLSHOT.....when you play tough D and the shot clock gets around 4 or 2 the cpu will drain it in no matter who it is!

It was a wtf moment to me when they laughed at him when he mentioned it to them....it's definitely NOT user error
Old 08-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I don't believe in shot clock cheese. I actually had to tweak sliders to make the CPU shoot sooner because I'd block a bunch of late shots. I do get moments where the d slides outta position (due to an animation?) but its not always on the shot clock.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I don't believe in shot clock cheese. I actually had to tweak sliders to make the CPU shoot sooner because I'd block a bunch of late shots. I do get moments where the d slides outta position (due to an animation?) but its not always on the shot clock.
Playing on an online league will make you see it differently lol

The cpu will make you rage man....rage....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

2k said the 'clutch' rating was activated when the shot clock is winding down, also the CPU always shot with 1 second to go, not 2 or 3 or 4, it was a pump fake and shoot at 1 seconds and even if you timed your defence, hands up or jump, there's a decent chance the shot will drop which is BS.

no homo.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #7
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach_Novak
2k said the 'clutch' rating was activated when the shot clock is winding down, also the CPU always shot with 1 second to go, not 2 or 3 or 4, it was a pump fake and shoot at 1 seconds and even if you timed your defence, hands up or jump, there's a decent chance the shot will drop which is BS.

no homo.
There is always a decent chance the shot will go in, as there should be. I personally love when the CPU hits a contested shot. It gives me that 'wtf' moment, but I have those on the CPU myself and don't act like you don't.
People act like no one ever hits a contested jumper in the NBA. Like a hand in the face should be a miss 100% of the time. It makes the shot HARDER to make, but there's still a chance a good shooter will hit it if its not blocked or he's not fouled.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't think it exists but I'm not saying the CPU does not have some kind of boost. I think it really does not matter whether its 1 sec left or 23 secs left, the CPU will have its way 80% of the time when it wants to score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »