Home

Madden 13 Sliders : Difficulty

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Sliders : Difficulty within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Madden 13 Sliders : Difficulty

Okay. . .don't seem to be getting much traffic in main forum.

Here's the deal: Madden has historically offered skill level changes via the level setting: All-Madden, All-Pro, etc. As well, setting it to Custom allowed changes to various elements of game play which, we know, could also simulate the level setting, i.e., a sub-296 (or whatever) sum of sliders maintained many of the characteristics we witnessed when playing on All-Madden (e.g., fast kick meter).

This year the interface offers a "level" setting as well as sliders. You can change the "level" setting (All Madden, Pro, All-Pro etc) and there are no changes to the sliders, neither yours nor the cpu, and vice versa (setting Level to Rookie and dropping sliders to zero leaves setting at Rookie).

Now, I've come upon a number of posts stating that "All Madden" is pretty tight this year, and others stating that it seems easy. Last night I took Cleveland against Green Bay using one of JD_Seven's early slider sets (e.g., PB 17, QBA 17/34. . .a sub 296 set). It played fine and I recognized the certain oddities that the set produced (so I know that the "sliders" were in play). But I pounded Green Bay. At one point, AR was 1/4 and they had absolutely no ground game. Colt McCoy went 8/9 45 yds. Now, I'm pretty certain that setting everything to 50 across the board isn't the root cause, as I had played a game "out of the box" with results closer to the first game mentioned.

I then exited the game, looked at some different features of the GUI and noticed that the level was at Pro or something like that. . . but that my sliders were intact. I toyed with the level and noticed no change to the sliders...then changed it to All Madden and moved the sliders to 50 across the board (initiating a test)...VERY different game. AR went 6/6 47 yards (high percentage, albeit short passes) and while their run game wasn't superb (maybe 3.3 ypc), it was smarter. Defensively, they shut me down.

So, more testing is necessary, but I'm wondering, a bug/error, or has EA finally split level and sliders, such that the sliders, affecting movement and the like, is now unique from any AI "intelligence" or am I hoping for too much? Admittedly, this is but two games, and I'm wondering what you are noticing.

Last edited by Bobalou2112; 08-25-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden 13 Sliders : Difficulty

I can't wait to get the game to check all of this out.. I wonder why it wasn't like that on the Demo.. They still had the old setup..
Old 08-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I can't wait to get the game to check all of this out.. I wonder why it wasn't like that on the Demo.. They still had the old setup..
Yeah, I just wish they would have spent 1/10 of the time they spent on building the CCM manual on a gameplay/settings manual.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobalou2112
Okay. . .don't seem to be getting much traffic in main forum.

Here's the deal: Madden has historically offered skill level changes via the level setting: All-Madden, All-Pro, etc. As well, setting it to Custom allowed changes to various elements of game play which, we know, could also simulate the level setting, i.e., a sub-296 (or whatever) sum of sliders maintained many of the characteristics we witnessed when playing on All-Madden (e.g., fast kick meter).

This year the interface offers a "level" setting as well as sliders. You can change the "level" setting (All Madden, Pro, All-Pro etc) and there are no changes to the sliders, neither yours nor the cpu, and vice versa (setting Level to Rookie and dropping sliders to zero leaves setting at Rookie).

Now, I've come upon a number of posts stating that "All Madden" is pretty tight this year, and others stating that it seems easy. Last night I took Cleveland against Green Bay using one of JD_Seven's early slider sets (e.g., PB 17, QBA 17/34. . .a sub 296 set). It played fine and I recognized the certain oddities that the set produced (so I know that the "sliders" were in play). But I pounded Green Bay. At one point, AR was 1/4 and they had absolutely no ground game. Colt McCoy went 8/9 45 yds. Now, I'm pretty certain that setting everything to 50 across the board isn't the root cause, as I had played a game "out of the box" with results closer to the first game mentioned.

I then exited the game, looked at some different features of the GUI and noticed that the level was at Pro or something like that. . . but that my sliders were intact. I toyed with the level and noticed no change to the sliders...then changed it to All Madden and moved the sliders to 50 across the board (initiating a test)...VERY different game. AR went 6/6 47 yards (high percentage, albeit short passes) and while their run game wasn't superb (maybe 3.3 ypc), it was smarter. Defensively, they shut me down.

So, more testing is necessary, but I'm wondering, a bug/error, or has EA finally split level and sliders, such that the sliders, affecting movement and the like, is now unique from any AI "intelligence" or am I hoping for too much? Admittedly, this is but two games, and I'm wondering what you are noticing.
It bumps user sliders to 75 everything if you select Pro difficulty.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
It bumps user sliders to 75 everything if you select Pro difficulty.
Really? How? Are you, then, stating that if you bump it to Pro, the Sliders are, in fact, changing even though the slider values displayed do NOT change?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

This would be and interesting find if it's confirmed.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

TEST MORE!!!

lol but seriously...

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
This would be and interesting find if it's confirmed.
Yep. I agree. . .it would go very, very far to improve user experience/customization. I've referenced this issue/concern in a number of posts with no real nibbles . . .and I'm getting weary of testing all the different scenarios/permutations with the same two teams. Any suggestions. . .think one of the EA folks on-site might know/respond?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »