Home

Defensive Assignments

This is a discussion on Defensive Assignments within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Rookie

kmp714's Arena

OVR: 2
Defensive Assignments

Am I missing something or did they take out defensive assignments in Madden 13? It used to be in the pause menu under coaching strategy, and you could assign a CB to shadow a WR. Like Revis to A.Johnson all game no matter where he lined up. Anyway I hope I'm just not seeing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Defensive Assignments

I'm not seeing it as well I hope they bring it back in a patch or something because I loved defensive assignments.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25
No it's not there. But it'll be back in 2016 as a NEW feature.

Sweet huh.

This game is more about what it doesn't have than what it does. For everything they added we lost twice as much.

Smfh
Old 08-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp714
Am I missing something or did they take out defensive assignments in Madden 13? It used to be in the pause menu under coaching strategy, and you could assign a CB to shadow a WR. Like Revis to A.Johnson all game no matter where he lined up. Anyway I hope I'm just not seeing it.
It's not there because this year your D automatically aligns best on best.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
This is not true. I just played and got gutted by dez Bryant and Austin miles the only lined up in the slot.
Plus what if u want your fastest or biggest(not nesscarily your best) CB on a particular wide out. This is a bad move. I hope its patched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13
I think it was removed because there were issues with it in Madden 12 and might not of been able to get it fixed for Madden 13 I loved the feature but it was not working right as when I play online if a user would go to a certain guy a lot I would assign my best guy or the guy covering him to shadow him problem is if they moved that guy in motion the guy assigned to him did not always follow him or never followed him at all there for cheesers could exploit this same thing if the player you lockdown on or assigned to lockdown on gets hurt they would disappear from the defensive assignment screen even if there were only injured for a few plays so while it was nice the feature was flawed broken abused exploited so it may have Bern removed to mabye reprogram it to get it to work right as it should I hope but IM sure it will be back in the near future go chiefs!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
ChiefsFan4Life once a ChiefsFan Always a Chiefs Fan! & A pround member of Chiefs Kingdom & the #1 Fan in the world of the 4x Super Bowl Champions Kansas City Chiefs!

Kansas #1 Kansas City Chiefs Fan!
Kansas #1 Kansas Basketball Fan! Rock Chalk!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was looking for it as well. As the other poster said, there was issue with it and I wasn't even aware of those issues as I play offline. I paused the game as I went, "Oh let me go into defensive assignments." Well I looked around, was expecting to see it there.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
Yeah not tru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »