Home

Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Connected Careers Mode (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Connected Careers Mode (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Connected Careers Mode (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Use this thread for IMPRESSIONS ONLY of the new Connected Careers Mode.

Do not use this thread to ask questions. Do not post in this thread unless you have sent visual proof to a moderator that you indeed have the game.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 08-23-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Connected Careers Mode (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Started a Patriots CCM as a coach and I am currently in the 2nd quarter. The computer starts subbing my starters out as well as my CPU opponent. Which at first was good but it also subbed kickers and punters. So the Saints punted for 3 yards and I kicked a fg with my punter.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Connected Careers Mode (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Good news. Its only one game but no offensive players were subbed in on defense.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

So Connected Careers..

All that broohaha. I have to say it's pretty much exactly what I expected it would be even before I got my hands on it. I'm not saying that's a bad thing though. It's definitely something I enjoy, and it does have a high fun factor.

Being a Ravens fan, I started a CC with FS Ed Reed, I've been running with the these boys since before dominant defense was banned from the league. I thoroughly enjoy the interesting tweets from gthe various media types and btw Skip Bayless is just as outrageous in this game as he is in real life, things like," By the end of the season we'll be talking about Trent Richardson as the best back in football.." (Playing in the AFC North, let alone being a rookie Skip..best back in the league?...really?)

I digress once more back to the mode, I can honestly say I feel like I'm a part of something instead of just controlling every happening on and off the field, which is why I chose player instead of coach. It's hard to describe the feeling of trying to disguise my assignments and jump a route while Tom Brady attempts to engineer a drive with the M&T faithful going out of control in the 4th quarter. The XP system was a great touch and I like how they tied it to practice, though I'm not quite sure how I feel about some of the scenarios such as the one where you're down by 20 something in the 3rd-4th quarter basically dictating you need atleast 2-3 INT's..I wouldn't normally have a problem with that but since I can't dictate individual adjustments to the other players at the L.O.S it makes it very tough. Otherwise, I like it and will keep stacking those XP points.

As advertised, I do like that when in the last year of your contract, the team offers you a deal if they want you around, and whether or not you sign, decline or procrastinate is up to you. Options are ALWAYS the best option..ya hear me EA?

There are some minor gripes that of course come with a brand new undertaking such as this, like for instance in preseason games like JMurphy mentioned, when the cpu subs for the teams, crazy things happen..Billy Cundiff punting? Ed Reed on Punt Kick Coverage? These things are minor and I'm sure will be fixed in time.

One potentially major issue I really hope gets fixed however is the Time of Possession issue during the CC games. Every game I've had has ended with the Ravens having no more than 5 or so minutes of T.O.P. EVERY GAME. I've watched and nearly every drive the simmed cpu offense has has taken about 45 seconds to a minute off the clock. No way can that be passed off as realistic or acceptable. That's the bad news, the good news is that that's the only real gameplay centric issue I've seen so far. Oh..almost forgot..I'm not sure if it's only my CC guy or not but no matter what, Ed never fatigues...weird. Any word on these things by any chance EA?
Old 08-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Just finished my second preseason game. There is some features like practice mode, xp progression, etc. I feel weird not having to hit left stick and then save. (I feel like I am going to lose stuff...BTW does anyone know how to manually save?

During my second preseason game, I was blowing out the Eagles and in the second half when the subs came in DeSean Jackson (rating was 0 by the way) was the Eagles 3rd down back and McCoy was a WR.

I know its only preseason, but starters shouldn't be placed as backups in other positions. I have to play with injuries off so no one gets hurt playing out of position or playing with the subs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Just finished my second preseason game. There is some features like practice mode, xp progression, etc. I feel weird not having to hit left stick and then save. (I feel like I am going to lose stuff...BTW does anyone know how to manually save?

During my second preseason game, I was blowing out the Eagles and in the second half when the subs came in DeSean Jackson (rating was 0 by the way) was the Eagles 3rd down back and McCoy was a WR.

I know its only preseason, but starters shouldn't be placed as backups in other positions. I have to play with injuries off so no one gets hurt playing out of position or playing with the subs
In M12 my 96 OVR WR was playing CB in the preseason and broke his neck :/
Old 08-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

looks like another year where I wont be playing the preseason. that kind of sucks, but its why I dont play the games, either that or turn injuries off when you play them.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
Rookie

jrc2290's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31

I have the same problem with preseason. I have to manually sub in my wrs once the 2nd quarter hits because they put my halfbacks in the slot, 4th and 5th posistions! Frustrating.

If you checked out the where did you get it thread i bought the game on ebay yesterday from a certain well known dealer. Dont have a camera readily available but i will post a pic as soon as i can, you can ask me any question for proof of purchase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »