Home

Has playing the demo changed anyone's purchasing decision on NHL 13?

This is a discussion on Has playing the demo changed anyone's purchasing decision on NHL 13? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Has playing the demo influenced your purchasing decision at all?
No, was planning on buying it and still plan to do so. 62 68.89%
Yes, was not planning on buying it but now will. 10 11.11%
No, was not planning on buying and still do not plan on it. 8 8.89%
Yes, was planning on buying it but am not anymore. 4 4.44%
Have not played demo yet. 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
Rookie

Reiny09's Arena

OVR: 19
Has playing the demo changed anyone's purchasing decision on NHL 13?

Personally, it was about a 90% day-one purchase for me based on how well the demo played. After playing it, there is no doubt I will be picking it up at midnight in 3 weeks.

Anyone else feel the same or has the demo completely turned anyone away from it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Game is terrible. Oh no wait. I am playing ESPN National Hockey Night. As far as NHL 13 is concerned, the demo just reinforced my decision to buy.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Has playing the demo changed anyone's purchasing decision on NHL 13?

Well...the more I play the demo, the more I like it!

So more than glad my son and I have it prepaid for. And better yet, my wonderful son bought me mine as well as his. Thanks Dan!!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Went for Yes, was planning on buying it but am not anymore.

I liked the new skating engine and feel of the game, I've never been a stick dangler, but the blur effect on default view really puts me off and the frame rate is definitely worse on PS3 this year.

I was going to hold off on a release day purchase to see how the stability and penalty calling was but based on the look of the demo, I won't buy at all unless the release is different or patched, and despite lots of comments about this, I don't see that happening. A little disappointed because I never thought the graphical look of the title would be an issue as everything looked great in trailers and gameplay vids.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Rookie

Reiny09's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion7
Went for Yes, was planning on buying it but am not anymore.

I liked the new skating engine and feel of the game, I've never been a stick dangler, but the blur effect on default view really puts me off and the frame rate is definitely worse on PS3 this year.

I was going to hold off on a release day purchase to see how the stability and penalty calling was but based on the look of the demo, I won't buy at all unless the release is different or patched, and despite lots of comments about this, I don't see that happening. A little disappointed because I never thought the graphical look of the title would be an issue as everything looked great in trailers and gameplay vids.
I haven't had the poor resolution that other people have been talking about on the PS3 but I would have to imagine that it will not be like that in the retail version. I know EA has made some questionable calls in the past, but I just don't see them releasing a game that looks as bad as other guys have been saying.

And as far as penalties go, it is certainly a concern but it's hard to gauge what it will be like after some tweaking of the sliders. We only get one 5 minute period to play per game and if I recall correctly, the penalty sliders are far from maxed out.

I know I'm willing to take the risk and make the purchase but I can definitely see where you're coming from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

i voted No, im planing and still planning now. i was surprised that majority of the people participated on this survey voted the same thing..i wonder why?

IMHO, this NHL 13 has so many plus factors from previous series. but knowing EA, based on my experience, will still hold on and see others how they take this game.

in my innumerable times i played this demo, i have more positive things to say like the skating, lighting effect, changing lines on the fly (not doing the same time and leaving you outnumbered by the CPU). but i am still surprise why most players are still in generic faces, no home ice advantage in terms of line changes, penalty issues, issues about schedules in the following year of BaGM,goalie fatigues etc. these are minors but if you put them together it still a big chunk that will affect my buying will.

it might be a 1st day buy or 2-3 months after-release buy for me...see how it goes.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

YES it did change my decision, in that I want it NOW!!!!
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4
The demo is getting similar positive feedback as past several years. NHL12 PS3 was plagued with freezing issues. Will wait several wks to discover if glitches are present in 13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »