Home

Coach Mode this year??

This is a discussion on Coach Mode this year?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Rookie

Gravit's Arena

OVR: 3
Coach Mode this year??

So I haven't kept up with any news regarding Madden this year and I'm only interested in picking it up it has Coach Mode that is very similar or better than what NFL 2k5 had. I'm not getting into any which game is better battle. I just know for a fact that 2k's coach mode was solely calling plays and doing front office tasks. I don't want to control the players or even kicks/kicking meters. Madden's past coach modes have been a complete joke and I'm hoping it has changed dramatically for the better this year. Can anyone confirm this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Coach Mode this year??

I've been wondering the same thing. In the demo settings there is a grayed out "coach mode" option, but I haven't heard anyone say it is in the retail version. In fact I remember reading that even when playin CCM as a coach you still must control the players.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
Rookie

Gravit's Arena

Re: Coach Mode this year??

Yeah I've seen the grayed out area and I'm extremely skeptical about it because last year it has the same thing and it turned out to be basically nothing. It's description for coach mode last year was "After the ball is snapped, if you don't touch the controls, the cpu will take over and let the a.i. play out. (this didn't include kick offs, punts, onside kicks, etc.)

That's not only isn't coach mode, but that has always been in Madden since forever.

I hoped since NCAA 12 had it that Madden 13 would certainly have and have improved on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »