Home

How is M13/EA Headed in Right Direction?

This is a discussion on How is M13/EA Headed in Right Direction? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
How is M13/EA Headed in Right Direction?

For all the people that think EA is headed in the right direction. I'm not disputing anyone's answer but, I was just wondering how?

What is it in M13 that makes it different than any other Madden in the last 5-10 years that has it going in the right direction?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: How is M13/EA Headed in Right Direction?

Maybe you have no info on Madden 13? Connected Careers is a great start as is and once they add everything they took away from franchise mode it will probably be the best mode in a game ever. It will continue to get better every year. Passing trajectory's have been fixed FINALLY which improves this game so much just that by itself. Read and react defense? Check, no more psychic defenders! Oh let us not forget the Infinity Engine which is only in it's first year and will continue to be built on. Presentation is headed in the right direction as well, very much improved this year. With all the complaints about the running animations I am almost positive that will be one of the main things they work on. So with all that being said it can only get better.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

for the first time since basically 2001, they ripped out the modes and started fresh.

i can't say for certain, but im pretty sure the modes have been the same core code the entire time.

So that change, plus going with physics finally (something they've been against not too long ago), says to me they have a bit better direction than the past.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Here is a quick answer: Physics.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
Rookie

davo1021's Arena

OVR: 4

Infinity Engine
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
Maybe you have no info on Madden 13? Connected Careers is a great start as is and once they add everything they took away from franchise mode it will probably be the best mode in a game ever. It will continue to get better every year. Passing trajectory's have been fixed FINALLY which improves this game so much just that by itself. Read and react defense? Check, no more psychic defenders! Oh let us not forget the Infinity Engine which is only in it's first year and will continue to be built on. Presentation is headed in the right direction as well, very much improved this year. With all the complaints about the running animations I am almost positive that will be one of the main things they work on. So with all that being said it can only get better.

You are correct. No more Psychic defenders and read and react defenders is a welcomed change!

For me....The infinity engine isn't a step in the right direction. RIGHT NOW....I don't think it makes the game better.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
for the first time since basically 2001, they ripped out the modes and started fresh.
This is my answer to the question as well. They've reworked things significantly before, but had still obviously been tied to the maintenance and development of multiple sets of code for the features of 3 modes. They've taken a pretty bold step in another direction... and judging by the features included it's a pretty big step at that.

This is much bigger than solving a problem like psychic defenders, or a couple of missing features. The foundation was fairly rotten and they've done a lot of good things anyways. CCM is a new foundation, and we're getting some pretty nice stuff off the bat as well. Excited to see where it goes from here, and if/when NCAA gets a similar treatment.

That's why I think it's headed in the right direction.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones16
You are correct. No more Psychic defenders and read and react defenders is a welcomed change!

For me....The infinity engine isn't a step in the right direction. RIGHT NOW....I don't think it makes the game better.
You have to remember it is in it's first year, it will have its hiccups and problems. It is definitely a step in the right direction compared to canned animations. Just look at NHL and Fifa those games are much improved thanks to physics which they have had for a couple years now. Let's take a look at NCAA football 13 look how much that plays like NCAA football 12, why? Because the tackling animations give it no sense of freshness. NCAA has become unplayable since the Madden demo has came out, IMO. Once they add new running animations and have another year of physics under their belt it will be a completely new and refreshing experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »