Home

Whatever happened to enjoying games

This is a discussion on Whatever happened to enjoying games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Whatever happened to enjoying games

It seems nowadays most look to find everything wrong with the game, rather than just enjoying it for what it really is, a videogame. I realize in todays technology, we expect as close of emulation to the real thing. But we often forget that games originally intended to be fun. This years Madden, like in previous ones, may not emulate the NFL perfectly and completely. But it still is a darn good representation of football, while also serving as a enjoyable gaming experience. When I want the real thing, I watch the real thing. When I want to fantasize about it, I play Madden. Simple as that.
Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Whatever happened to enjoying games

Not sure this constitutes having its own thread....

Everybody has their own opinions. Not everybody is going to be happy about "this or that". Just the way it is.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
It seems nowadays most look to find everything wrong with the game, rather than just enjoying it for what it really is, a videogame. I realize in todays technology, we expect as close of emulation to the real thing. But we often forget that games originally intended to be fun. This years Madden, like in previous ones, may not emulate the NFL perfectly and completely. But it still is a darn good representation of football, while also serving as a enjoyable gaming experience. When I want the real thing, I watch the real thing. When I want to fantasize about it, I play Madden. Simple as that.
Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2
I agree..everyone just wants to cry about what's not in games instead of being happy about what is..I for one am pumped for this game the 24 the can't come soon enough!!!

PS4 Fifa 15 USA FUT Indy Lazer Cats

PS4 Madden 15 Indianapolis Colts MUT Raw Dawgs

PS4 MLB The Show 14 Chicago Cubs

PS4 NBA 2k15 Indiana Pacers MyTEAM Indy Lazer Cats

PS4 NBA Live 15 Indiana Pacers LUT Indy Lazer Cats
Old 08-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

When there are games 7 years old that have done football better them what we've been getting then people have a right to be mad. Specially when they are forced to buy it.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

I was in the same boat, I can't complain no more until I have retail, but based off the demo things are looking good to me. I cried and complained for years and the game and new teams directions have me at a pause and applauding there efforts with regards to this demo.

Retail is another beast that we all need to be on the same page about, seems like the minority rules over the majority when it comes to madden so we need to poll the seriousness of each complaint and complain accordingly.

I know theirs bugs and legacy issues, but I feel for the first time in years they are headed in the right direction. Let's compile a list of complaints that we very specific and roll from their and get it addressed properly if we can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Exclusivity happened. I know for a fact that OS was nothing like this when there were other football games being made. If someone didn't like Madden, there was no need to complain. They could just go buy a different football game. More choices = Less complaining.

Last edited by splff3000; 08-18-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
When there are games 7 years old that have done football better them what we've been getting then people have a right to be mad. Specially when they are forced to buy it.
No one is forced to buy anything. That's simply a cop out.
I didn't buy Madden 10 or 11, NCAA 11 or 12 because I knew I didn't like it.
And these "7 year old games" had plenty wrong with them also. Plus it's BC so they can still play that (those) game if they want.

Just saying that if people are unhappy then don't spend the money.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 08-19-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Exclusivity happened. I know for a fact that OS was nothing like this when there were other football games being made. If someone didn't like Madden, there was no need to complain. They could just go buy a different football game. More choices = Less complaining.
Right on. Not fun being "stuck."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »