Home

Roster Maker's Wishlist for MLB: The Show 2013

This is a discussion on Roster Maker's Wishlist for MLB: The Show 2013 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Roster Maker's Wishlist for MLB: The Show 2013

I thought it would be interesting if we had a thread dedicated to things we want in MLB: The Show '13 that would help out roster makers specifically. In recent years SCEA has introduced the Player Vault and the Roster Vault, but what do you guys think should be added to aid roster makers. I'll throw mine out there first:

1. Ability to edit potential of SCEA players and prospects
2. Ability to edit service time and stats to create past MLB players
3. Variations within the secondary positions for position players (3B/SS, 1B/3B/LF/RF, etc..)
4. Three dimensional hairstyles (True shaggy, slicked back, etc..)
5. LH/RH distinctions for pitchers. (Make a loogy better against LHP)
6. A page in which we could edit the details of the players contract. Like specify how much they make in Year 1, Year 2 etc.. and add multiple option years, etc..

What's your wishlist?

Last edited by CArty; 10-10-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
MVP

yanksdaniel99's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Roster Maker's Wishlist for MLB: The Show 2013

True Dynamic Potential !!!

Seriously I want to be able to give A potentials without having guys guaranteed to be superstars. Give us risk factors, make it a scale of 1-10. 10 being the most likely to meet potential and 1 being unlikely. Pretty anything better then the current potential progression system lol.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
MVP

MJHSpanda57's Arena

OVR: 18

Uniform Variations. Tight/loose/normal. I want Dan Uggla to have tight sleeves like in real life haha

More hair colors. Light brown/dirty blonde etc.

Thicker/longer facial hair options.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

A face scanner and customizable player models
Old 08-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Better name options - far too many names missing - while players can't be added until they play in the majors - I have noticed some draft pick last names get added, maybe add the last names missing of any of the current top 30 of each team?

105 man rosters so you can have a full A ball team seeing we tend to create more A ball players then anything for the OSFM set

Equipment - true baggy pants - right now I consider the current baggy more as the long style.
Sunglasses while at bat option
Necklace and bracelets (phiten)

Ratings - better potential rating and ability to edit, hustle rating - ex. some players are not fast but they are very quick do to hustle getting down the line

Side note - ability to edit Team Management, coaches - for some reason the coaches really are not rated to their true abilities - pitching coaches make better hitting coaches and vice versa when you go to hire them. Also the current Boston manager looks horrible - not to say Valentine looks much better in real life these days
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

Ability to edit/create new coaches would be awesome. You could just have a separate section on the roster control section for coaches and could have a free agents 4 or something that includes some editable ones.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Ability to upload into the vault a single 90 player team including coaches and the ability to put them into a roster set in a single step. Thus, when we create rosters we can simply input 30 completed team sets. I also would like to have coaches faces and names editable both at the major and minor league level (including weight etc.)

Karle
Old 08-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Ability to convert previous year's rosters into new game. In other words, a database file conversion program is needed to eliminate having to make thousands of players over and over year to year. Especially useful for historic team sets, but also good for MLB rosters (and minors) year to year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »