Home

Who Hates the Replay System? (splines)

This is a discussion on Who Hates the Replay System? (splines) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Do you Like the Multiple/Spline Replay System
Yes. I like seeing three angles during one replay. 14 14.14%
No. Pick one camera angle and show it all the way through. 85 85.86%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Who Hates the Replay System? (splines)

I can't stand the passing game replays in Madden 13. I thought the replays were great in Madden 12. They would highlight a WR, mix it up, whatever but they showed the WHOLE replay. Instead Madden has borrowed the terrible replays from NCAA Football. The ones where they try to show three different angles in the same replay and keep switching every 1.5 seconds (QB drop back, QB throw, WR catch). Those are awful. They aren't in a real life TV broadcast nor do they show me anything. They are boring. Why do I want to see the QB drop back? It does nothing for me. Showing the ball come out of his hand in a close up view? Again, useless. Then a zoomed in look at the WR catching the ball? Don't care for it. Where was the defense on the play?

Pick ONE angle and show it all the way through. Usually the angle real networks pick is a broadcast angle. Mix it up - show the Wire angle and Broadcast angle. Highlight the WR/DB interaction all the way down the field. But this idiotic spline system of showing three close up replay angles all at the same time is garbage. Please dump it and go back to the Madden 12 system. Who else is with me?

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 08-15-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Who Hates the Replay System? (splines)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

Pick ONE angle and show it all the way through. Who else is with me?
Agreed 100%. The current replay in the demo is horrid. Sometimes after a TD, they show the qb jogging in ultra slow motion.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Replays in the demo are just horrible. I hope they will be better in the retail version. But in the demo it really destroys the whole presentation because they're so bad.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5
Agreed. There's a reply on challanges that looks just like 2k5. They should just show the play not these weird close ups etc.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
Rookie

edjames01's Arena

OVR: 0

How come you can't play your own replay from the menu?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Yes, the Replays were better in Madden12. Like someone posted they should just show one replay all the way through, then mix it up and show replays from a wide angle and a broadcast angle, and also good point about the challenge replays, that needs to be changed also. Presentation took a step back to me in regards to the replay system in Madden13, I hate to harp on this but the replay system in 2K5 was much better than this during regular replays and challenge replays. I'm hoping the devs patch this somehow.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah the replays are pretty disappointing. I get many where the camera will spend about 3 seconds on the QB and he slowly walks down the field . Thats rather insignificant when the actual ball handler is doing something impressive. I thought they referenced NFL films with a lot of this stuff?
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Old 08-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Madden's presentation is hit or miss every year, on every aspect. While playing the demo there were times the replay looked so good, only to be cut off for a slow motion block of polygons because the replay decided to cut to a seemingly randomly chosen angle. About the only replay I saw in four hours of play that even looked like it could have come from an actual NFL broadcast, it was like watching bad Frank Caliendo Madden impersonation with the sound off and no telestrator.

There's no banter during the replay regarding the play your watching, it doesn't happen at all when you think it should...like on turn overs...isn't the new rule in the NFL to review all turnovers? The replays seem to be three 4 second clips randomly woven together. I don't think I've ever seen the presentation look so good yet so bad. Nothing at Halftime (maybe just for the demo) maybe someone will post the full retail presentation after launch and it may be different.

Why can't they get the entire play in the instant replay system? Speaking of replay system, the demo completely lacked the ability to manually review replays will the full retail be this way? I couldn't even challenge a play. I'm scratching my head on Madden 13. How could it be good and terrible at the same time how does it continue to do this? Something is always broken in the defense -in the demo, calling man during a no huddle will get you burned...linebackers and safeties watch players sit down in zones and don't converge...presentation is bad, missing features...head scratching. I want to like this game, but it doesn't allow me to. It does everything to hide the good and little to display the glory.:

The fly through after you press start (before you even select a mode) is more impressive than the in game presentation and that's sad.

Commentary is excellent though. Well done there.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 08-15-2012 at 09:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »