Home

If you never played head coach, or even if you never thought you wouldnt enjoy it...

This is a discussion on If you never played head coach, or even if you never thought you wouldnt enjoy it... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
If you never played head coach, or even if you never thought you wouldnt enjoy it...

I promise I have fixed the game. It is no longer unbalanced, to where every qb gets 5000 yards every year. Running backs can run for and against you. Teams average about 400-500 yds offense, lots of 3 and outs if you let the cpu call too man plays. Its actually amazing how great this game is with proper slider adjustments.

I will post them in here if you like, but they are also in the forum for NFL Head Coach 09 here and the sub forum designated for sliders specifically there. The only real draw back is that the game roster is out of date. But for what it lacks in up to date rosters, it makes up for it in amazing depth. 4 15 year long draft paths. Many players based off legends and the best of today even.

Each path has a different set of positions it specializes in and has weaknesses to provide ENDLESS REPLAY VALUE. One is based on a barry sanders clone named ozzie jones from oklahoma state that has 15 years of EPIC running backs and DTs. One is based on a john elway clone named Jack English from stanford, specializes in QBS LTS and DEs. There are 2 others but I wont ruin them for you... You might even remember most of the names if you played madden 09 it was released with when you got the hall of fame edition(madden XX).

While madden is creating games that last maybe 6 months or so of play, this game provides YEARS of play! ESPECIALLY IF YOU PLAY EVERY GAME! You can go as far as to call every play or sim every game and just be a gm and coach builder, choice is yours. Ive had it since the madden 09 hall of fame package early release of the game before it hit shelves by itself. Every once in a while the bugs can get to you, then you realize its the greatest simulations ever and even geniuses have flaws...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: If you never played head coach, or even if you never thought you wouldnt enjoy it

I use to really enjoy this game with my Vikings. But with the goals...and the hit you took for not going for it vs kicking the field goal to take the lead with under 2:00 to play took the fun out of it. You could lose up to 20 pts on your coachs overall rating for things like that.

Its still a good game....but could use a few overalls in certain areas. Now, if they combined this with Madden/NCAA....then we could have something.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #3
Banned

Re: If you never played head coach, or even if you never thought you wouldnt enjoy it

thats what madden 13 is trying to start. Connected careers carrys over a lot of ratings and ideas from head coach 09 because the senior producer was part of making both. It might take a year or 2 but they will get there soon enough I believe now that they have the new people in charge and the guy from "mlb the show" on board.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

If you can post a link to your sliders, or just post them here, I would appreciate it. I tried many times to play HC09, and I found the passing game to be so over powered that it was unplayable.

I used to spend a lot of time working on sliders to try to make broken games work right, but I don't have the patience anymore. Either the game works out of the box, or it doesn't work period.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
Banned

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...l-sliders.html

Theres also picker who has some he likes, and mrs who's tweaking his own between ours it seems. But you also have to understand that you cant just call mastered plays all game. No slider set will really allow that...

But if you play like a mature adult punting and kicking instead of going for it all the time and use unlearned and learned plays against lesser teams and when you're up a lot, you will see a more balanced game. You also have to call as many plays as possible, especially when up. Your coordinator's will rarely use a learned or unlearned play, only when they're from the base playbook really.

If you have ps3 I highly suggest getting the roster from the topic EMAIL THE ROSTER on the 2nd page I believe of head coach forums. It not only updates the roster if you dont redo the draft, it adds some patch files that fix a couple small bugs.

Last edited by Byron Yatch; 08-20-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »