Home

What to do? What to do? A question for Offline Gamers

This is a discussion on What to do? What to do? A question for Offline Gamers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-10-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What to do? What to do? A question for Offline Gamers

As I am sitting here watching Ryan Mathews of the Chargers get hurt, I started to think. Offline gamers,...........What roster will you use to start your CCM??. Out of the box? Opening day update??. Here's why I ask. With us not being able to alter rosters in the season now, the roster updates will have all the injured players, as usuall, out of the depth chart. Mathews is out 4 to 6 weeks. That would put him back around week 3 of the reg. season. If you use the opening day update, he will be out of the depth chart......and gone for the season!!!! Because we cant change it anymore. And I know it wont effect my franchise team but see what im saying here? Is it just me , or is this something to think about??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Dakota822's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What to do? What to do? A question for Offline Gamers

Franchise always has the option of starting without using current injuries, unless they took it out this year.

Opps sorry, just re-read your post.

I don't think injuries take them out of the roster, they just substitute the player behind him for him in the starting role.

Catch me streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/dakota_o/profile

Last edited by Dakota822; 08-10-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota822
Franchise always has the option of starting without using current injuries, unless they took it out this year.
You can definitely still turn off pre-existing injuries before beginning your CC if you want to.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 13

So the choice then is between playing with no pre-existing injuries at all, or having all pre-existing injuries be treated as season-ending injuries?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

This is a very good point. The norm would be that yes, you can turn off injuries and have that player available per the updated roster...but their ratings would be sunk sometimes. If that happens this year, we won't be able to boost their ratings back up as we want them, correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Out of the box rosters for me. I don't think they take the time to evaluate all players effectively when they do roster updates.

Last edited by TeamBuilder; 08-11-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Since we do still have the option to turn pre-existing injuries on/off.. the CPU will auto adjust their roster and put the previosuly injured guy back to #1 in the depth chart.

However this brings up a good point about injuries in roster updates.

Since we cant edit rosters ourselves pre-existing injuries are kind of "all or nothing" now.

You either keep them or you turn them off, and everyone comes back instantly regardless of how minor or severe their injury was.

I never thought of that, its kind of lame. This also presents a problem since we cant edit rosters.

In the past I would do things like edit a guys position to Punter so the CPU wouldnt use him. In year 2 I would edit them back. I did this to simulate a season long injury, while letting other minor pre existing injuries to be healed. However now its not possible to do this. I did that for Peyton Manning last year. I let all other pre-existing injuries heal, but sidelined him for a year by editing him to be Punter, in year 2 I edited him back to QB and CPU would start to use him again.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

I'm 95% sure that the way you prefer playing offline will best be achieved by playing a made up season of your own scheduling in Play Now Mode. It currently seems most likely to be able to do all of the editing and positional changing you like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »