Home

Athlon Sports Magazine Rosters

This is a discussion on Athlon Sports Magazine Rosters within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Athlon Sports Magazine Rosters

What's up guys. I know there's a ton of great rosters out there by now. Many people do outstanding work here at O.S. My buddies from work and I like to use Athlon Sports College Football magazine as a reference for All-Americans, All-Conference and so on. Because normally they are pretty darn close.

Athlon is one of (if not the) top publications every year. So I like to use it as a guide for the projected depth charts each year.

Well, since I was doing them anyway, I decide to put them put for anybody that might want to use 'em. I'm not claiming credit because I used the 1st O.S. set as my base. But here's what I did:
  • Set the depth charts based on Athlon Sports' projected lineups (1st and 2nd string)
  • Corrected lots of mis-spelled names
  • Edited equipment (using google images) of several top players on most of the popular schools
  • Moved Silas Redd and Justin Brown to USC and OU
  • Corrected lots of player positions so their ratings wouldn't decrease (C to LT, CB to SS, etc.)
  • Boosted some low rated pre-season All-Conference or All-Americans using scout.com (Florida State DE Bjorn Werner was in the 70's????)
If players weren't on the roster whose names were in the magazine, I left them out. I trusted the O.S. guys' research. So I assumed they must be either suspended, transferred or off the team.

Again.....I know there are lots of better sets out there. But I did this for me and my buddies at work. If you like, feel free.

Last.....I know its late in the game. But I did this around my work hours and its still in time for season opening. Hope you enjoy.

PS3 username : statum71

Last edited by statum71; 08-07-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Athlon Sports Magazine Rosters

Updated.... (Aug 23)

New starting QB announcements up to date

Lots of equipment and player edits (no rating changes)
Old 08-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Athlon Sports Magazine Rosters

Are you going to be updating the starters next week once the teams have played?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »