Home

Bobbled Snaps.

This is a discussion on Bobbled Snaps. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-05-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Bobbled Snaps.

Just wondering if anyone had ever had any bobbled or dropped snaps in the game before? Whether it be the QB fumbling it on the handoff either from the line or shotgun, or the center just messing up the snap on his end. I just can't recall any single time that I've seen that happen in either NCAA or Madden and was thinking how cool it would be if those were in the game. Y'know if it's like a pressure situation and it's a QB sneak on the one yard line and you get a QB that gets happy hands and just drops the ball. Or some miscommunication between the QB and the HB. E Or if the weather is bad, and the field is wet so it could be dropped in that way. Etc etc. Anyways. It's probably a dumb question because I don't think it's in the game. But I couldn't find anything from EA directly saying that it wasn't possible in the game. Try to not to make fun of me too much if this is a stupid question. Hahaha. :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Bobbled Snaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Just wondering if anyone had ever had any bobbled or dropped snaps in the game before? Whether it be the QB fumbling it on the handoff either from the line or shotgun, or the center just messing up the snap on his end. I just can't recall any single time that I've seen that happen in either NCAA or Madden and was thinking how cool it would be if those were in the game. Y'know if it's like a pressure situation and it's a QB sneak on the one yard line and you get a QB that gets happy hands and just drops the ball. Or some miscommunication between the QB and the HB. E Or if the weather is bad, and the field is wet so it could be dropped in that way. Etc etc. Anyways. It's probably a dumb question because I don't think it's in the game. But I couldn't find anything from EA directly saying that it wasn't possible in the game. Try to not to make fun of me too much if this is a stupid question. Hahaha. :P
While we in the sim community (a small minority) would love to see stuff like this, those not in the sim community (the vast majority) hate stuff like this since it's not in their control.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
While we in the sim community (a small minority) would love to see stuff like this, those not in the sim community (the vast majority) hate stuff like this since it's not in their control.
Yeah.. I think it'd be a nice addition to the game but I can understand how it would alienate half their fanbase.. Considering most people that play this game probably aren't very sim.. Sigh.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Sadly, that's not in the game. Closest thing resembling bobbled snaps was a few years ago, snaps out of the shotgun would go high, making the QB jump, but he always caught it. Would be great if it was in the game though.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Simple solution to make everyone happy. Make an option to turn bobbled snaps off. Being on the sim side I would love to see them in the game. Crazy snaps were one of the things I loved about another football game that I won't mention the name of in this thread.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Steve_French's Arena

The only thing I ever got close to on a bobbled snap on 13 was I had the D hit me before I could even do a simple hand off up the gut but thats about it really.It would be nice to have something like that in the game as it give it a more real feel to it.
RTG Mode:
QB #9 Steve French -Wisconsin Badgers
NC-12-13
RB #33 Al Bundy-Idaho Vandals -Heisman & Rose Bowl Camps
Old 08-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would really like to see some bad snaps on FGs and punts. It would be nice to actually have long snappers mean something.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
Simple solution to make everyone happy. Make an option to turn bobbled snaps off. Being on the sim side I would love to see them in the game. Crazy snaps were one of the things I loved about another football game that I won't mention the name of in this thread.
Yeah. That would be awesome. I don't think it'd be that hard to do, would it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »