Home

Are there any effective ways to shake the game rosters up?

This is a discussion on Are there any effective ways to shake the game rosters up? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Are there any effective ways to shake the game rosters up?

I just started playing this again and tried to shake a few things up by releasing a few players as free agents, but it seem like with the limit of the players you can move your not able to impact the game too much. Really don't understand why they did not include roster moves and rating edits to this game to add to the replay value.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by ItsOrangeBaby; 07-30-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Are there any effective ways to shake the game rosters up?

The best way to shake the roster up is to redo the 08 draft or have an updated roster for after the draft.

If you go the 08 route (and really any draft from now on), you will see the game change dramatically from real life.

First off, dont sign any fa in that first offseason.
2nd, only go to small school and or medium schools during pro days.
3rd Use the individual workouts to scout the BUSTS(not the best players)
4th, never scout sleepers unless there's no other school small or medium to go to that week.
5 Try to stay away from anyone you know for a fact that pans out unless you desperately need someone at that position(Ie no one who can do a decent enough job on your roster there)
6 Only take 1 1st and 1 2nd rd pick in any draft unless it fills a dire need. Leave the best talent for the cpu while you develop the more raw players and ones you've never had but seen dominate against you.
7 Try to draft after pick 15 in EVERY round if at all possible(unless you know someone you need is gonna get picked before then).

These small things(and never scouting someone I know I want to draft) make the game rosters change dramatically in as few as 2 to 3 drafts. Ive seen mike tomlin get fired and become the head coach of the lions while Dick lebeau goes to coach the dolphins because of these steps. Ive seen Gary hammermill come in and win the sb in his first year with the steelers going 18-1 because of things like this. AKA stuff Ive never seen.

Also, make sure you use different philosophies in different careers. Different playbooks. Makes you go after different people each run through.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Motivator will shake the roster up-more than you might like though.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

OVR: 3

I shake the game up by going back and forth betwen Pre-Season and Off-Season but most of the time... The game starts in the 2nd off-season for me.

I view the first season much like an interm coach who earns a real job and gets to hire his staff and players in his first true off-season. That's when all roster moves can vary and have endless replay value.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »