Home

Graduating players getting drafted

This is a discussion on Graduating players getting drafted within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Graduating players getting drafted

Anyone know how the draft position for graduating players is calculated? Is it random? I just finished year 5 at Syracuse with a pathetic pro potential grade and was hoping to see it get boosted with my 99 OVR QB graduating (4-year starter at Syracuse, led the nation in QB rating, passing yards, and completion percentage as a senior, 5th in Heisman voting as a senior, broke every single school season and career passing record), but he didn't get drafted at all.

My 85 OVR TE went in the 3rd round and my 82 OVR LT went in the 6th round.

I guess I'm glad they just don't just go straight by overall to determine draft position, but I would have thought my QB would get picked by SOMEBODY.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Graduating players getting drafted

I'm pretty sure that height has something to do with it. I was going through the list of players that weren't drafted and they all seemed to be on the shorter side.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

I had my 78 ovr RT go in the 7th
Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick
I'm pretty sure that height has something to do with it. I was going through the list of players that weren't drafted and they all seemed to be on the shorter side.
This is interesting. I wonder if "measurables" also play a role in the mock draft in NCAA. For instance a 88 over 6'7 300 lb left tackle wil get drafter before n 88 overall 6'1 280 tackle that has better stats.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yucatan
was hoping to see it get boosted with my 99 OVR QB graduating (4-year starter at Syracuse, led the nation in QB rating, passing yards, and completion percentage as a senior, 5th in Heisman voting as a senior, broke every single school season and career passing record), but he didn't get drafted at all.
So he was Timmy Chang from Hawai'i?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timmy_Chang#College_career
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #6
Rookie

TennesseeVols16's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I was thinking Colt Brennan, but he got drafted late after looking it up.

But several QBs that were outstanding in college end up really late picks or undrafted. Some include: Case Keenum, Graham Harrell, and Kellen Moore to just name a few recent examples.

I'm guessing that the type of offense you used, along with measurables like someone else mentioned, play a part in draft status. Keenum's & Harrell's downfall was the type of offense they played in, which was the air raid/spread. Moore's was his height.
NBA: THUNDER
Old 07-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #7
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Does school prestige play a factor here? You know that if a guy is the nations top QB and is at a 6* school, he's probably more likely to be drafted that a 1-2* guy
Old 07-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeVols16
I was thinking Colt Brennan, but he got drafted late after looking it up.

But several QBs that were outstanding in college end up really late picks or undrafted. Some include: Case Keenum, Graham Harrell, and Kellen Moore to just name a few recent examples.

I'm guessing that the type of offense you used, along with measurables like someone else mentioned, play a part in draft status. Keenum's & Harrell's downfall was the type of offense they played in, which was the air raid/spread. Moore's was his height.
Russell Wilson got drafted in the 3rd round and he's 5'10. Moore's downfall was his noodle arm. He's super accurate but he's playing slow pitch out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »