Home

3 Things That Irritate You About The WWE Right Now

This is a discussion on 3 Things That Irritate You About The WWE Right Now within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Rookie

BMott418's Arena

OVR: 0
3 Things That Irritate You About The WWE Right Now

I've been a WWE fan for a good amount of my life. After not watching it between 06-07, I finally started watching it again in 08. Since then, the WWE has been a total roller coaster ride, as you would expect.

The 3 things that irritate me as a fan right now are the following:

1. Favoritism towards already established wrestlers...They have the SAME PEOPLE fighting for the title all the time. That circle would be John Cena (obviously), Randy Orton, Sheamus, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Daniel Bryan, and Big Show. I like how they FINALLY gave Dolph Ziggler a push by giving him the MITB, and I hope that when he finally wins the title he gets a good run. But the WWE rides the same horses all the time. They gave Christian the belt for 1 night. Christian might not be the best wrestler or the best on the mic but HE GETS OVER WITH THE CROWD! But NOOOOOOOOOO, they threw the strap on Orton as soon as he went to Smackdown. IDK if the WWE realizes how shortsighted that was, but that basically killed any momentum Christian had. Sure, you could say he only won it b/c Edge retired, but IMO it was a long time coming. I just wish the WWE would start pushing newer people to the main event, like Ziggler, Wade Barrett, or others.
  2. Pointless turns...when R-Truth turned heel, I was an immediate fan b/c of the whole "Lil Jimmy" thing. I found it hilarious. It's not nearly as funny when he's a face, although it was pretty funny when he feuded with The Miz. But really, some of the WWE's turns are just completely pointless. Christian's heel turn last year was stupid. Big Show's heel turn has been very pointless this year as well. It's like they aren't turning the right people heel and face.
  3. Poorly booked feuds...The Daniel Bryan-CM Punk feud has been SO poorly booked...like that feud actually has made me absolutely SICK of AJ, and AJ actually is one of the most talented female wrestlers on the roster. That feud could have been amazing, but as usual, the WWE messed it up by throwing something in that didn't need to be thrown in. I'm also not really expecting the Brock Lesnar-Triple H feud to end up being booked well, and I fully expect Triple H to win. Triple H seems to always have poorly booked feuds with people since he turned face. I think his feud with Jeff Hardy has been the only one where it was actually pretty decently booked.
Let me know what you think, and you obviously can even throw in your own 3 things that irritate you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: 3 Things That Irritate You About The WWE Right Now

Well #1 is something that's always going to happen, the WWE is all about $$ and ratings they are gonna push the top guys that the fans know or like. It's all a process, I mean the top guys now were at one point where guys like Ziggler,etc. are
Old 07-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Dolph Ziggler is going to get the title push that he should have gotten after the 99 King of the Ring... oh woops, sorry, wrong blonde-haired mid-carder. I kid, I kid!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

1) Belts mean nothing/no prestige/air-time:

Growing up, I was fortunate to see Steve Austin, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, HHH and Undertaker (among others) in their primes. The main thing that separates this era of men from today's is that I don't see the same drive and passion to own a belt. Some do, but it's not as prevalent. I'm not naive to place it on the Superstars only though, as WWE doesn't care about a single title other than the two brand championships. I was watching SummerSlam 2001, and there was an incredible ladder match between Jeff Hardy and RVD for the HARDCORE TITLE. These two guys poured everything that they had into a belt that originally started off as a Mick Foley gag. The closest I've seen to a guy who lives and breathes wanting a belt since my return to watching full time was Zack Ryder's quest for the US Championship last year.

2) Booking:

I don't have a problem with the writing of angles so much, as a fan I'll make the best of it unless it's just terrible...but the placement of the card has me upset. There is NOBODY above the WWE Championship...except for John Cena? I get the political crap, but if that's how it has to work than just give him the belt back because I want to see the Championship at main events. Punk has put on some great matches at PPVs, and yet John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis snags top billing?? **** YOU, WWE.

3) RAW moving to 3 hours and SmackDown still existing:

Five hours of WWE is a lot in a week, and that number goes to 8(9?) if there's a PPV. I feel WWE could improve the health and travel schedule of their Superstars if SmackDown were to be killed off. It's easier said than done, but I'd dissolve the brand split completely, trim the fat off the roster and continue on with a one show on Monday deal. This will never happen, as the WWE is going to have to overdose on their own product before anything changes. My main fear is that an extra hour will spread themselves too thin.

I can't do just three, here's one more:

Can't stand how or why there must be writers in promos. A quick remedy to seeing who has "it" would be to force the talent to write their own promos like they used to. Would Sheamus have a lick of personality if it weren't for his scriptwriter? Considering he doesn't possess that much of it now, I'd have to say no. The cream will rise to the top. Coach them, do whatever, but do not pre-script.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 07-21-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

1. Not so much the favortisim but some people at the top don't belong there. Orton has one good match a year,otherwise is terrible in ring and on the mic. ADR,while not bad,simply doesn't have chemistry with anyone at the top. Big Show seems like he's just done. They tried to force Otunga into there but he can't wrestle either (he's improved a ton since NXT but still...),he's great on the mic but no one cares to see him in the ring. Also the current trend of these guys not selling the match and winning with one move,can add Sheamus and Cena for that one. Tyson Kidd puts on about 5 good matches per week,could make a piece of string look like a good wrestler and where's he?

2. The commentary. They've actually got quite a few good to great announcers. The only one on Raw or SD is Josh Matthews and he doesn't do PPVs. King can be good if Striker is out there because Striker will ask questions and we'll get the actual match called. Twit this! Tout this! There's an IC title match going on in the ring but let's talk about how Cena is gonna be here later. He filled 300 make-a-wishes! Make sure you tweet that! Tell us what you think about that on tout too! BTW we've got Miz vs. Daniel Bryan later too. Oh match is over. Hope you liked it,sorry we didn't call it. They try to sell everything except the match and wrestlers in the ring on Raw,SD and PPVs.

3. The constant good build up with no pay off. Don't even need to go into that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

1. Little to no title prestige. I'm tired of seeing John Cena get the Main Event at a PPV when the best match on the card is CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship. Punk is a great champion, he's truly one of the best in the business, but I wouldn't mind him losing it to Daniel Bryan or even Dolph Ziggler. It'd just be nice to see someone new get the title. The reigns always go: John Cena, other wrestler, John Cena, other wrestler, John Cena... Just get him out of here. Also, IC and US Championships are irrelevent, World Heavyweight Championship is a joke, and I won't mention the Tag Team division yet.

2. The Divas. They have almost no one who can actually wrestle. And the ones that CAN wrestle are the ones who aren't even getting air time or they're not wrestling for the title. IE: Natayla, A.J., Tamina... The Diva division is run down and is useless. I'm just glad that these matches are lasting about 2-3 minutes each, because the Divas that they have wrestling are just pretty faces and that's it.

3. The Tag Team Division. My God what a mess... Does anyone actually know who the Tag Champions are? Cause I don't. The division doesn't get any air time, and when it does, it's a squash match that actually makes the Division look even worse than it is. The talent is there, but the Division is just crap. Also, the belts are just terrible. Bring back an actual Tag Team Division. Please. You have 3 hours of Raw, and you can't fit a decent Tag Team match in? Bring back the Hardys and the Dudley Boys if you have to, just make this division relevent again.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 36

Here's another: I can't remember the last time a GTS or Walls of Jericho (or Lionsault, for that matter) was successful on the first attempt. The whole elbow-to-head or spin-Y2J-out-of-it was cool the first time. Now it's just silly and makes the move look ineffective.

Jeez, I sound like every other know it all in the "IWC" (hate that nickname, we're fans, not a promotion.) C'est la vie...
Old 07-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I may be overexaggerating this, but: to me it seems that faces almost always win, particularly at pay-per-views in the feud-ending blowoff match. There hasn't been a Triple H type heel who you hated because he just won so damn much and was legitimately good on top of that. There hasn't been a Corporate Champion The Rock. There hasn't been an unstoppable Yokozuna heel. Or even a Rick Martel / Owen Hart midcard heel who was excellent and won a lot. This is easily the biggest beef with WWE.

Second is blatant wastes of airtime with nontalent (i.e. heel wrestling Michael Cole, Hornswoggle).

Third is that main event wrestlers seem to always need to have a finishing move executed upon them multiple times at most pay-per-views, particularly Wrestlemania, in order to go down for the count. I'd like to see a match or two where the ring psychology centers around repeated finisher revesals, dodges, and counters, and the first finisher hit finally ends it. It'd be different, at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »