Home

Old 07-21-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Sacks

Is there a slider that you think will help to limit the sometimes-ridiculous number of sacks per game?

Pass Rush seems to be the obvious choice, but do you think lowering it (whether marginally or significantly) affects other statistics or aspects of the game, such as CPU completion %?

To clarify, I am talking about sacks on both sides, but I've never been a GREAT QB and I'm willing to work on my pocket presence and pump fakes to lower the sacks that I take... but is the problem of "earning" 7-8 sacks a game simply due to the CPU's inability to throw the ball away? And if so is there anything you suggest in terms of sliders to get them to throw incompletions more often? (QB ACC?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Ge1dertron's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Sacks

There isn't a slider for what you are talking about. The game is broken at the moment no matter what you read. The following are a guarantee to screw with the sack numbers: Screens are being run with ridiculous frequency and they fail 2/3 of the time. Option plays remain as broken as they have been for years. CPU QB holds the ball far too long and refuses to throw it away producing more sacks. Despite the new passing adds, we remain unable to release the ball quickly enough to avoid the sack animation. DT > G and will blow through them at random. I've tried every possible slider combination at Heisman but it isn't possible to get around these issues. If they aren't patched they aren't going away and this game is not, in my opinion, playable.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Rookie

cwilson250733's Arena

OVR: 5

I have taken out all hb screen plays in custom playbook for each style of play spread, pro.... and it has made a big difference in the cpus play call due to that not being there. i know that screen plays are a huge part of college football but like you said the game is broken and the cpu runs screens 20 plays a game and gets sacked 16 out of 20. so you remove that and it makes them pick something else and it doesnt kill there drive and sacks go WAAAAYY down. Dont know if anyone once to try it but it has work for me and my sliders.

thanks
Old 07-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

I agree screens are called a very high amount, but in games I play cpu is successful 60-70% of time. Sacks maybe 20% on screens, probably too high. I do agree cpu holds ball too long but at same time, I see a successful "escape" run 30-40% of time, "escape" throws 40-50%, "escape sacks" 10-30%.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Ge1dertron's Arena

OVR: 1

Wilson - Honestly, are you not tired of trying to band-aid the problems that keep popping up year after year? What exactly are the millions in sales going to if they aren't actively developing the game? If there weren't millions of die-hard NCAA football fans to prey upon this franchise would have died years ago. I'm glad EA just lost their NCAA exclusivity and i'll be praying another company has the bawls to jump in the fray.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
Is there a slider that you think will help to limit the sometimes-ridiculous number of sacks per game?

Pass Rush seems to be the obvious choice, but do you think lowering it (whether marginally or significantly) affects other statistics or aspects of the game, such as CPU completion %?

To clarify, I am talking about sacks on both sides, but I've never been a GREAT QB and I'm willing to work on my pocket presence and pump fakes to lower the sacks that I take... but is the problem of "earning" 7-8 sacks a game simply due to the CPU's inability to throw the ball away? And if so is there anything you suggest in terms of sliders to get them to throw incompletions more often? (QB ACC?)

Raise the threshold...for anyone running a threshold closer to 0...ur gunna get all those sacks on screens. I have my threshold at 70 and just did a game...unc vs miami... Unc had 3 sacks and miami had 1... That was on heisman with 8 min qtrs
Old 07-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by unctarheel19
Raise the threshold...for anyone running a threshold closer to 0...ur gunna get all those sacks on screens. I have my threshold at 70 and just did a game...unc vs miami... Unc had 3 sacks and miami had 1... That was on heisman with 8 min qtrs
Even at 50 (i use 50) or 60 you see alot less.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Even at 50 (i use 50) or 60 you see alot less.
I put it as 70 bc it also helps with the occasional horrible db play too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »