Home

Old 07-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Roaches

So I'm in an apartment for 2 more weeks and i've got roaches. These creatures from hell are either german or american and it seems they had babies soon after i moved in. I've raised concerns about this issue but they don't want to seem to do anything about it. Even if they do something it would just be putting some spray down that would do nothing about the ones behind the walls. First what can I do now about these and second how do I avoid taking them home with me?

Last edited by RAZRr1275; 07-21-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Roaches

1. Ortho max home defense, spray it along every base board through out your apartment. Move tables, couches, all that.

2. Spray under the sink, on top of the counter top along the edges where it meets the wall. Move your dishes out of the way FIRST of course. Hell spray along the outside edge of every cabinet in your house where it connects to the wall.

3. Spray across the bottom of your doors on both sides of the door that leads to the outside of your apartment.

Ortho Max works wonders and kills everything including spiders, crickets and ear wigs. They will go away, long enough for you to move anyway. Pretty hard to stay bug free when you live in a building infested with them and you the only one in there spraying. Now to prevent you transporting them, pack at the last minute, seriously. You don't want to have boxes and suitcases just sitting up there, that just increases the chances of them getting inside.

So wait until you about to move, shake out every suitcase very damn good, every piece you pack, shake it out first before you pack it.

And when you get your new place, spray every inch of it with Ortho Max Home defense. In a house setting that stuff works for 6 to 10 months straight. I spray it once a year throughout the inside and outside of my house, including inside my garage and throughout my back deck area.

Bug free is the only way for me.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:21 AM   #3
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30
Do what I've done in the past...

Kill any you see and leave em there as a warning to the others. I did it in my first place, killed 2 or 3. Left the last two hanging around, and those were the last I seen in my room. Lol

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 07-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

probably nothing you can do.
theyll most likely have to bomb the whole apartment.
Im guessing you have some dirty neighbors.

That was the case when i had roaches in my apartment like 10 years ago.
this puerto rican family lived in the room next door, and their room was loaded with them.
they were so dirty.

i ended up just breaking the lease the day i saw one in my silverware drawer.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Just dont try a blowtorch like this guy

Quote:
If Eiliya Maida thought he hated spiders before, imagine how he must feel now. The California man accidentally set his house on fire while using a blowtorch to clear spider webs out of his backyard.
Dont roaches cause a asthma reaction for some people? I know its a health concern, especially with babies so the manager(s) shouldnt be brushing it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Ugh. I lived in an apartment in college that was infested. It was the worst housing experience of my life. The complex wouldn't do anything about, so I had to pay an exterminator out of pocket. It was worth it though.

Spoiler

Last edited by ScoobySnax; 07-21-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by av7
Dont roaches cause a asthma reaction for some people? I know its a health concern, especially with babies so the manager(s) shouldnt be brushing it off.
Yes they do.....They also cause allergic reaction for people who have severe allergies.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

well here's an update - i finally got in contact with maintenance but they said that they don't have the stuff to deal with this issue and have to contact pest control which only works monday through friday so hopefully these things will meet their death then and there aren't any eggs that hatch before then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »