Home

Quick Look: NASCAR The Game Inside Line

This is a discussion on Quick Look: NASCAR The Game Inside Line within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20
Quick Look: NASCAR The Game Inside Line

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...-line/17-6350/
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Quick Look: NASCAR The Game Inside Line

Thanks Cubfan! That was actually a pretty fun little vid. Got a brief look at what starting Career Mode is like anyway.

It would have been cool to see the Paint Booth, but ah well.

I did like that he raced at Vegas and Daytona and I didn't see any straightaway braking by the AI, which was kinda rampant last year and a real killer for offline racing.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 07-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Thanks for the post looks awesome. Sounds like a well rounds career mode this year.

I guess there is no Bud Shootout just the Twin 125s (Duels).

Still looks awesome.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well I can say that the career mode looks like an improvement over last year's version. Actually just about anything would have been an improvement. I said before that I was very disappointed with last year's career mode, force feedback, and physics. It is good to see they are moving in the right direction it appears. However, the upgrades to the car was what I thought would happen. It's more of a generic upgrade where you buy a better engine. It will be interesting to see if they will listen to their customers more and have an actually an in depth R&D system in career mode like Thunder 04 had. Hiring better engine builders, chassis builders, bodymen and giving them longer to complete the work produced better equipment. Along with that, purchasing new shops and wind tunnels made for a much more emersive game.

I feel this is the way game needs to go to be successful. The game is never going to handle like a sim and it can't because they are trying to target a broad audience. That's why the career mode needs to be in depth. Forget all the little side games like challenges and get the bugs worked out to where the game drives good, has an in depth career mode, and has an online racing with enough features to create a league.

Now I know I sound negative, but I'm tired of what I feel are sub par games that are being put out and having to be patched to "try" to fix them. I will give this title a chance, but it won't be a first day purchase for me. I'll wait to see how things turn out first. Until then I'm trying iracing.

There is a ton of people I've noticed that have asked for the same type of career mode on their message board. I don't know if they didn't have time to get in the game or if they are just going to do what they want like EA does with NCAA. I hope it's the first part because I really want this series to be great.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I still think they need to work on AI cars auto correcting. The slight touch at Daytona should've sent that car around. I understand there are some amazing saves but it seems like when the AI starts to go around they automatically fix it before spinning.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8

Wow, thanks so much for posting this video! I've watched nearly every single short preview video that's gone public, and none of them covered HALF of this detail!
Old 07-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #7
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3

That was a good video, I liked how detailed they went to get every sponsor at the track correct. To be honest I wouldn't have noticed if the 5th billboard at Vegas was wrong but it is nice to see all the detail they are putting in.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8

I never picked up 2011's game after the negative reviews, but I still play 09' daily because I love the career mode. Could you race 100% full length races in the "career" mode last year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »