Home

Zazzali or Stanton?

This is a discussion on Zazzali or Stanton? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Zazzali or Stanton?

Which QB is better? I drafted QB Trent Stanton my 2nd year with the Lions and right away he dominated and was a top QB. Trent literally won us the game within the last minute atleast 5 times literally. Every game it seemed like we needed him to bail us out at the last second and he easily did it. I havnt played HC 09 in months since my Xbox is broken but the Stanton to Calvin Johnson connection has dominated every year with Calvin usually getting atleast 115 receptions. Trent and Calvin alone are putting up HOF numbers by themselves.

Stanton has won MVP every year he was been in the league iirc.

I have never had Zazzali since he always goes #1 in my games and I never had the #1 pick yet. But he hasnt put up the #'s Stanton has but he is considered one of the top QBs in the NFL.

Which guy do you all think it better? Who would you start your franchise around?

Also how do you get fired by a team for going 10-6 in your 2nd year there which was an improvement from last year? I lost in the division round and the Raider fired me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Zazzali or Stanton?

Depends on how you lost(were you being too aggressive during clutch moments and losing them?) You also should have gotten charm and charisma if you never wanted to get fired. Depends on what you said the team would do and how you ended the season based on your prediction. You also have to get a reasonable amount of the goals done every year and you have to keep the owner happy above everyone else. Forget the media fans players and coaches if you have to, make sure the head honcho who signs your checks is ok with your decisions).

Also who did you lose to in those seasons. Losing to your rivals and division is worse than losing a playoff game. Losing to one in a playoff game is worse than getting to the superbowl and losing to some teams. Bears will fire you if you lose to green bay too much and vice versa(unless you win superbowls while this happens).
Old 07-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Zazzali + spread option playbook + rookie year = 5,672 yards passing 57 TDs 13 INT 2 Rush TDs 758 yards rushing
Old 07-22-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
Banned

Does Zazzali actually scramble or only run when you call run plays? There's a theory that theres a bug where only athletic qbs on the roster in the 08 draft or before will scramble... I've come to notice this as well over my careers and wanted to see if it stands true for zazzali. I know Jordan Taylor and Darius Pryor WONT scramble, even though they're CLEARY in the athletic mold.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:03 AM   #5
Rookie

I wouldnt know I supersim...but if I want him to run i can usually make him run...but hes usually a pass first, pass again, and think of running kind of guy....probably doesnt help that I havent given him a reliable OL or HB yet...Adrian Peterson is dead worthless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 04:31 AM   #6
Banned

Its like that for everyone man! All qbs can play with minimal coaching. All rbs need an amazing line AND great coaches though. Even with them, rbs might average 100 a game if you're lucky!

Im trying to work on a new slider set going off of adambroskis and pickers plus my own thoughts but I have yet to perfect it. If it gets closer to where I want it, I'll post them. Aim to make the game more balanced and playable with any team. As others have mentioned, this game becomes a passing simulator very quickly so Im trying to limit passing while improving rushing.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:38 AM   #7
Rookie

Not really Ive got a great slider set for running and it really depends on who your HB is. There are only a handful in all the draft paths that are dominant no matter what.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

In the 4 years and THOUSANDS of hours i've spent with HC..........if your Preseason Promise is to "Win the Super Bowl" and you don't, you'll be looking for a new job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »