Home

Tips for playing MLB and Safety?

This is a discussion on Tips for playing MLB and Safety? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Tips for playing MLB and Safety?

For those of you who play one of the line backers or a safety on defense, does anybody have any tips? It seems like when I control the MLB, either the other team runs up the middle and i am blocked and as a safety I seem to leave people open. I know that there are problems with jumping and stuff, but besides all that, does anybody have tips?

Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Tips for playing MLB and Safety?

I play with the safety quite a bit. The key for me at least is knowing my resposibility. Stay home! You can't and shouldn't make every tackle. Typically your responsibility is deep middle and support on the outsides. If you try to blitz with the safety you may make a play or two but you WILL give up the deep ball several times. I always have to force myself to remember that even in a video game not one player makes every single play.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
For those of you who play one of the line backers or a safety on defense, does anybody have any tips? It seems like when I control the MLB, either the other team runs up the middle and i am blocked and as a safety I seem to leave people open. I know that there are problems with jumping and stuff, but besides all that, does anybody have tips?

Thank you.
Practice. If you are going to control these two it will take practice to learn how to take the correct angles in order to get past the blocker with the MLB and roaming with the Safety. It is not something you can just come in and do if youve never done it before. The MLB to me is the most difficult position to control when manually controlling them because of trying to avoid the blocker. Once you get locked in that block your are screwed and might as well switch to another defender to stop the HB from destroying you.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
Rookie

KillerNuts's Arena

OVR: 0

As the safety, make sure you're doing your responsibility. If you crash constantly, you will make plays at the line, but you will also give up some big ones when you get blocked and there's nobody over top of you. As far as sitting in a cover 1 or cover 2 man goes, you just need to predict where the offense is going to go and try to take that away.

As the middle linebacker, in coverage you're taking away the middle of the field with zone. In run stopping you're just getting to the point of attack as quickly as possible. If you get picked up, switch to another guy. If you get a little bit of a jump on the play, you can fly through a gap and tackle the ball carrier from behind.
www.traditionsportsonline.com
Old 07-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
Banned

Ninjas N Grits's Arena

OVR: 3
I've been playing as the SS for years now. It provides the best chance to make the play, wherever it may be. A run up the middle or to the right and you can really blow it up. Run to the left and you have to make sure and take the right angle.

In coverage its like they said. Stay home, play tight, and know your safety. If you are slower but a better tackler, take good angles and read the QB/wr route and movement. If your a faster ball hawk type be ready to away more than you pick. It's always better to be over the top than to undercut and try to run him down.

It's all about positioning and practice. Also as a S, strafe is your friend.

****Everybody knows Jackie Robinson was #42****
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've played with the S for many years and wouldn't recommend it this year since user catch/swat is nerfed on D this year.

That said, make sure you pursue inside/out and play the cutback vs run. Spill and kill to the sidelines.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »