Home

A plea to the dev team

This is a discussion on A plea to the dev team within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
A plea to the dev team

Ok I don't know exactly how much time you all spend over on the "official MLB The Show" forums, but there is a asking of the lower couple of teirs of this game be brought back down to a playable level for the "non" hard core gaming gods that still want to play and have fun with the game.

The tern "forced sim" is being used a lot by some of the more veteran members of the sight. We feel that it is ok for those of the players that want the hardest most realistic challenge should be able to have those.

They can take the top two teirs of the game, just let us have our bottom three levels back again. I mean Rookie is playing like a hard core sim when it should be for the first time players, or the ones like myself and others that are getting back into the series after a long lay off.

I can already hear the "you have sliders for a reason dude." coming out all over the place. On rookie i shouldn't have to tweak a single slider and still have fun without the wholesale frustration of having being force fed the "pure sim" aspect of it.

Back with 08' I had a blast on all star, nearly made the playoffs on default sliders. Then in 09 i started off same way and went 0-6 and couldn't hit a lick.

The dev team says that there is no "comeback" code written into it, but also say that they never take out a single thing from year to year.

Well remember kiddies, in 09 there was options for turning off or on CPU comeback!! where was it in 10??? wasn't an option anymore was it... nope... maybe they figured a way to incorporate it in with out it being an on off option anymore.

I'm not being a prick or anything here im just stating there is a fairly large contingent of us that love this game but sliders or no sliders can't find a true balance between fun and realism.

Please give us back our rookie - All-Star levels of play, were it was like a plug and play game... make it fun for all, not just the top teir of players.

I'm almost thinking that the whole point of this game is to make it accessible to only the top tier players that excel in live games online and the heck with the rest of us.

We just want our game to be fun and exciting again... and easy to play on the lower levels... just my .02, not that anyone cares but those are my thoughts....

Think of the levels in the game as levels in real life...

Rookie = Low A ball
Veteran = Hi A Ball
All-Star = AA
HOF = AAA
Legend = MLB

So if you look at it that way maybe you can see where im coming from better..... it would be extremely easy for a MLB player to go down to say AA or lower and just crush everyone he faced.

On the other end of the spectrum however is the fact that you cant take a player from Single A (low or high) and put hiim on the AAA team or the MLB team and expect him to soar..

that is how it feels the game is being programmed to a degree, that we are all being forced to try to play at a MLB experience level when we aren't all ready for that.

Just like real players we need to grow into the next level here is a suggestion, I know that 2K or someone for the other game did it a long time ago but how about self adjusting sliders.

no matter what level of the game you start on depending on how well you are doing, the sliders will adjust to your strengths and weaknesses.

some of us are veterans of the series but we feel like beginners due to the higher level of diff that has been pushed on the series by some...

again not trying to start a war just my thoughts...

thanks..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: A plea to the dev team

Maybe what we need is another level, the senior level, for people over 65.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

It's a baseball simulation.

On rookie, its just an easier baseball simulation. If you struggle THAT badly on rookie, with SO MANY different control schemes and options for you to use -- then no offense intended, but you might want to pick up another game.

"Let's dumb down the experience for those of us who haven't played in a while or who want to play MLB: The Bigs!"

Yeah no, its baseball. There are other games out if all you want is an arcade style experience.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm far from a top tier player and I've had a blast with this game from the get-go. This is actually my first year playing The Show and I don't have any problems that you're seeing on veteran with sliders.

I think in this game you have to adjust sliders according to how you play. There are also many guides on this board that may help you how to win or keep a lead. This one I'd say helped me the most:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sses-tips.html
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks

Last edited by I3RIS3H; 07-16-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, I have to agree with everyone else so far. I started playing 2k because I didn't have a PS3. Once I realized the game sucked after years, I bought a PS3 and MLB 11 the Show and MLB 12 the Show this year and haven't regretted a single thing. I feel like the whole "simulation sport" is getting into your head. Yeah, this game is hard but there is a learning curve, as there is with any videogame. Just keep playing and you will eventually get better. You can't expect to pick it up and just play, even if it is rookie. It took me months and months of just learning controls, and once I learned the control schemes and what I liked, THEN I messed with the sliders. No two people on this forum have identical skill levels. It is only a videogame, I agree, and I understand that you want to play the game out of the box, but my 2 cents is that playing a game like that right out of the box is not nearly as rewarding. I can't think of any game I just played right out of the box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

The biggest problem for me when I first started playing back in March was pitch recognition. Once I learned to take some pitches and hit my pitch then I saw the improvement in my game.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Old 07-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Why don't they go buy a spongebob game then?
Old 07-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
Yeah, I have to agree with everyone else so far. I started playing 2k because I didn't have a PS3. Once I realized the game sucked after years, I bought a PS3 and MLB 11 the Show and MLB 12 the Show this year and haven't regretted a single thing. I feel like the whole "simulation sport" is getting into your head. Yeah, this game is hard but there is a learning curve, as there is with any videogame. Just keep playing and you will eventually get better. You can't expect to pick it up and just play, even if it is rookie. It took me months and months of just learning controls, and once I learned the control schemes and what I liked, THEN I messed with the sliders. No two people on this forum have identical skill levels. It is only a videogame, I agree, and I understand that you want to play the game out of the box, but my 2 cents is that playing a game like that right out of the box is not nearly as rewarding. I can't think of any game I just played right out of the box.
When you are over 65, months and months is not a desirable situation.

I say we need a senior level, for those of us over 65. Plus, I want the hot and cold zones to be better defined when using Pitcher Full. Plus, I want the pitch to go where I aim it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »