Home

Fixing the Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Fixing the Quarterbacks within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5
Fixing the Quarterbacks

I think the QB's overall in the game are terribly overrated.. This is considered somewhat of a weak class for the upcoming draft.

Here is my take and probably how i'll re-rate things. Barkley and Wilson are definitely seperated in this pack of QB's ratings must reflect that..
Only 10 guys rated 90 or better

Matt Barkley 96 OVR
Tyler Wilson 95 OVR
Landry Jones 93 OVR
Denard Robinson 93 OVR
Geno Smith 92 OVR
Aaron Murray 92 OVR
Tajh Boyd 92 OVR
Keith Price 91 OVR
Colin Klein 91 OVR
Casey Paschall 90 OVR

**Side note** I notice this isn't being done on rosters currently out but
Jordan Rodgers from Vanderbilt is severaly underrated that dude made alot of plays and led Vandy to a bowl game. I'll have him as a 84 OVR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Fixing the Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikka
I think the QB's overall in the game are terribly overrated.. This is considered somewhat of a weak class for the upcoming draft.

Here is my take and probably how i'll re-rate things. Barkley and Wilson are definitely seperated in this pack of QB's ratings must reflect that..

Matt Barkley 96 OVR
Tyler Wilson 95 OVR
Landry Jones 93 OVR
Denard Robinson 93 OVR
Geno Smith 92 OVR
Aaron Murray 92 OVR
Tajh Boyd 92 OVR
Keith Price 91 OVR
Colin Klein 91 OVR
Casey Paschall 90 OVR

Jordan Rodgers from Vanderbilt is severaly underrated that dude made alot of plays and led Vandy to a bowl game. I'll have him as a 84 OVR
So are you just going to arbitrarily adjust their individual ratings to get them to your desired overall rating? A tip: don't box yourself into a corner by feeling like you have to get a player to a pre-determined overall rating. Just adjust their individual ratings (THP, THA, AWR, etc.) and whatever overall that gets them let it be. Ya' know what I'm saying?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueWolverine91
So are you just going to arbitrarily adjust their individual ratings to get them to your desired overall rating? A tip: don't box yourself into a corner by feeling like you have to get a player to a pre-determined overall rating. Just adjust their individual ratings (THP, THA, AWR, etc.) and whatever overall that gets them let it be. Ya' know what I'm saying?
Can't believe I am agreeing with a Michigan fan

This is very well said.....I cannot agree more.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

the only complaint I have about the QB's is the rating. As an OU student, I tend to only play as OU. Looking at the depth chart, I noticed that Landry Jones had a better overall rating and a better awareness rating than Blake Bell. I know Jones had a bad year last year and there is a lot of hype for Bell(including myself, I wanted Bell to get more play time before the Belldozer package), but I don't think Jones should have most of his stats below 70.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:

Matt Barkley 96 OVR
Tyler Wilson 95 OVR
Landry Jones 93 OVR
Denard Robinson 93 OVR
Geno Smith 92 OVR
Aaron Murray 92 OVR
Tajh Boyd 92 OVR
Keith Price 91 OVR
Colin Klein 91 OVR
Casey Paschall 90 OVR

Problems come in when mass-adjusting entire groups of players. Recruits coming in will still be rated high, and therefore, they'll end up starting earlier than they should/being closer to the people ahead of them in ratings earlier on, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0

Well this is relative to the NCAA not the NFL. Other than Keith Price I would say those guys deserve those ratings they are the best in the college game right now. And with no importing to madden it should be only what is relevant to the NCAA
Old 07-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Spawn1469's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Your right about Rogers. He doesnt have the same arm strength as his brother, but he has all the intangibles. The game he played against Arkansas last year was crazy mad. He out performed Wilson that day. And I am a Razorback fan admitting that.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
Well this is relative to the NCAA not the NFL. Other than Keith Price I would say those guys deserve those ratings they are the best in the college game right now. And with no importing to madden it should be only what is relevant to the NCAA
whats wrong with keith price.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »