Home

Improving rosters with realistic injuries

This is a discussion on Improving rosters with realistic injuries within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Improving rosters with realistic injuries

Last year I tested and found that in game injuries were more realistic with the following settings:

Just wanted to post my findings. I was tired of only HB and QB getting injured in the game. Most college games feature OL and DL getting injured as well as safeties and occassionally WR. Your backups never get play because no one is dinged up. I found that OL and DL all have injury ratings of high 80's to 90's. I reduced this to 30-50 and wallah I had 2 offensive linemen get injured in a game (both returned). I am going to make the following changes to my roster:

1) OL: Reduce injury to 30-40
2) DL: Reduce injury to 30-40
3) LB/Safety: Reduce injury to 50
4) CB: Reduce injury to 60
5) WR: Reduce injury to 65
6) TE: Reduce injury to 70
7) FB/HB/QB: Keep injury rating the same

Appreciate input from anyone else who tries this or can tell me what this does to the simulation engine for CPU schools. Also if anyone has any suggestions on how often positions get injured I would be interested as my values above are just made up.

I am going to retest this this year to make sure it is still true. Last year I discovered this after rosters were all out. I just wanted to post this in case any roster makers were interested in including this. It obviously still needs to be simmed to ensure it doesn't wreck simulated seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Improving rosters with realistic injuries

interesting. be cool if it worked!
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans
Old 07-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Rookie

kunner's Arena

OVR: 4

In my testing phase of Authentics sliders, I have lost numerous players due to really touchy injuries. I think that the injuries are way too common this year. Need to be toned down a bit.

No reason I should lose Montee Ball 4x in 2 games due to a strained abdomen
NCAA- Wisconsin Badgers
Old 07-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunner
In my testing phase of Authentics sliders, I have lost numerous players due to really touchy injuries. I think that the injuries are way too common this year. Need to be toned down a bit.

No reason I should lose Montee Ball 4x in 2 games due to a strained abdomen
Think about an average NCAA game on TV though. Players are leaving and coming back all the time during a game for minor injuries. More importantly your listed player is a half-back. These are changes for non running backs/QB which I do feel get injured a bit much. Without these changes I have never seen an OL/DL ever get injured in this game (I wish EA would make some of these relatively easy changes with a tuner).
Old 07-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
Pro

I just finished testing this in dynasty. For some inscrutable reason known only to EA adjusting the injury statistic of players (I adjusted the enitre roster of a team) has absolutely no impact on simulated injuries throughout a season (the adjusted team only had 1-2 injuries per week which was the same as the non-adjusted teams). This means this change could be made to a roster set without serious repercussions for simulated seasons or non-player teams.

I stilll wish EA would give us a injury slider set to play with, but make it for each individual position--that would be true slider control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm interested to see what results people have as well. It would be great if it worked and would create a great Sim fill during dynasty mode. However that's a lot of editing work.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Any testing update here? This was golden last season.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 07-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLL RazoR
anyone test this yet?

seems to be a few more injuries to non-ball carriers this year after completing a whole season.
Only out for game, no long term injuries.

I never had a O or D lineman miss a snap.

I had #2 RB out for 8 weeks and #1 WR Out of Season and #3 WR out for 11 weeks (occured in bowl game)

I was WVU. 8 minute quarters, playing every down. (I sim XP's)

I'm starting a new dynasty with Texas A&M. I'll input last year's recommendations and keep you informed.

Worked great in last years game!
posted this on another Oraeon thread earlier today. I'm diving in to this Herky. It was excellent last year. Forces you to recruit quality depth in online dynasty!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »