Home

The best ratings calculator?

This is a discussion on The best ratings calculator? within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The best ratings calculator?

anyone know of the best and most accurate ratings calculator....pitching and defense included?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
Rookie

MGOBLUE321's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The best ratings calculator?

Yeah I always wondered how to calculate the player ratings for the guys I have to create.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

"Bueller....anybody........anybody.....?"
Old 07-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

In my opinion the best ever was Bahnjo roster Tools but it does not work anymore. I just completed my 1984 season and I used Kritter's Calculator V5. Seems to be pretty good with the exception of Arm Strength and Bunting. Hope this helps.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
Banned

jimbo_1884's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoozierDaddy61
In my opinion the best ever was Bahnjo roster Tools but it does not work anymore. I just completed my 1984 season and I used Kritter's Calculator V5. Seems to be pretty good with the exception of Arm Strength and Bunting. Hope this helps.
I am attempting to create my own stats based calculator but am struggling to come up with formulas for Arm Strength and Arm Accuracy.

Any chance you could tell me what formula Kritter's Calculator uses??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

I don't know that I would call it the best, but I am pretty happy with mine. Check it out.

I have included Bahnzo's formulas as well as Triple Threat's (a well known poster on here that did a TON of research on the ratings a few years back).

I haven't found a very good way to do the fielding/arm/speed ratings so I used some that seanjeezy posted.

Let me know if you have any questions or have trouble using it. ZiPS is projection based for this season, but I also allow you to view ratings based on a composite of 2010-2012.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MLB the Show Rating Calculator v6.zip (1.71 MB, 709 views)
Old 07-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
Banned

jimbo_1884's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame8544
I don't know that I would call it the best, but I am pretty happy with mine. Check it out.

I have included Bahnzo's formulas as well as Triple Threat's (a well known poster on here that did a TON of research on the ratings a few years back).

I haven't found a very good way to do the fielding/arm/speed ratings so I used some that seanjeezy posted.

Let me know if you have any questions or have trouble using it. ZiPS is projection based for this season, but I also allow you to view ratings based on a composite of 2010-2012.

Thanks very much for that!!

My figures (I'm only doing batting) are quite similar to yours, so at least I know I am not completely off the mark with my formulas etc. especially seeing as this is my first go at this.

Michael Bourn
(mine - yours)
ConR 90 -- 76
ConL 85 -- 56
PowR 23 -- 22
PowL 20 -- 25
Bunt 28 -- 27
Dbnt 33 -- 62
Visn 44 -- 54
Disc 47 -- 64
Clut 90 -- 72
Dura 94 -- 98
Spd 86 -- 97
Reac 49 -- 84
Fld 96 -- 81
BrAb 82 -- 83
BrAg 87 -- 90

Like I said above, I am struggling with the Arm Accuracy/Strength and I am really not sure what to do with that.

I've updated a few teams with my ratings and played some games but I guess I really need to just go the whole hog now, although I may just wait until the end of the regular season before I start this.

I suspect I will be constantly tinkering with my calculator between now and then anyway!!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #8
MVP

MJHSpanda57's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame8544

Hey man I was trying to play around with your calculator. To get the ratings do I just input a guy's name? I was trying to figure out some pitching ratings for Jesus Sanchez (Brewers organization) and this looks really helpful

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »