Home

User Catching

This is a discussion on User Catching within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-12-2012, 05:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
User Catching

Something is REALLY off with the timing. The demo it was perfect especially with this years game with the new catch animations but for some reason my players don't want to jump at all when I try catching. I've been looking all over to see if others have found any fix for this. I already reinstalled the tuner and it still seems like its not working? anyone else having this same issue.

Go check out page 11 for my video examples.

Last edited by DVegaxSTOx; 07-18-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Yes it's messed up. Pitching has same issue. My guy doesn't even jump when I'm all alone just trying to make it work. It needs to be patched. The tuner didn't fix this in my opinion.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Rookie

With ints as while
Old 07-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: User Catching

This one is real diffucilt. No jumping is allowed on DEF. And no kinda reaction while pressing Y on 360. My question is... Can they fix this with some patch and a tune.?
Old 07-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

My working theory is that read and react extends to user control over defenders as well. Next time this happens, check the replay to see if your defender was looking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Hey, I play with my friends as WR and TE's. no matter what they couldn't catch the ball.
Went into practice mode and tried with no defence and the ball would still hit them in the face and no catch.

What we had to do was lower the difficulty from Heisman.

Seems that on Heisman, it's impossible to catch the damn ball.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie011
Hey, I play with my friends as WR and TE's. no matter what they couldn't catch the ball.
Went into practice mode and tried with no defence and the ball would still hit them in the face and no catch.

What we had to do was lower the difficulty from Heisman.

Seems that on Heisman, it's impossible to catch the damn ball.

Just thought I'd share.
Actually on All American or a lower difficulty you don't really have to much control of catching. If you put the guy near the target circle they will automatically make the wr do a ctach animation. On Heisman, however, the user must press the catch button for a catch animation to happen. Go into practice and try if you don't believe me. I do agree that it is shotty and sometimes it is as if the catch or swat buttons do not register.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
Rookie

we did that in heisman, we tried to play catch for like 10 minutes of just throwing the ball at them with them trying to push the catch button, unless they both were horribly horribly off it just wasn't working.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »