Home

Stat Tracking or Lack Thereof

This is a discussion on Stat Tracking or Lack Thereof within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8
Stat Tracking or Lack Thereof

Please SCEA make this a priority for 2013!!! This game is awesome with the exception of franchise stat tracking. Game play, animations, and graphics are all exactly what I expect and appreciate about this game. Lack of Franchise depth kills it.

I'm a huge franchise guy and everything is great except stat and award tracking. I would be satisfied with a simple player profile that lists player achievements, awards, and stats broken down by year. The Show has been missing this for years and I can't be the only one with this as my major gripe. It's a little thing but adds so much more to the franchise depth. It's about the only thing 2K baseball get's right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Stat Tracking or Lack Thereof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
Please SCEA make this a priority for 2013!!! This game is awesome with the exception of franchise stat tracking. Game play, animations, and graphics are all exactly what I expect and appreciate about this game. Lack of Franchise depth kills it.

I'm a huge franchise guy and everything is great except stat and award tracking. I would be satisfied with a simple player profile that lists player achievements, awards, and stats broken down by year. The Show has been missing this for years and I can't be the only one with this as my major gripe. It's a little thing but adds so much more to the franchise depth. It's about the only thing 2K baseball get's right.
Totally agree. Let's make sure they see it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ing-needs.html
Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I agree also. That is one thing that Madden has always gotten right.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Othgar's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven't gotten past my first season yet. Once the season is over you can't see previous seasons stats??
Old 07-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othgar
I haven't gotten past my first season yet. Once the season is over you can't see previous seasons stats??
Only the most basic of stats, like home runs, avg and rbis. You can't even see stolen bases after the year. It's weird and considering how stat driven baseball is, they need to address this for 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

More stats... yes, yes.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

I remember hearing that the lack of career stats has something to do with the save file becoming to large. I'm not sure how big the save file is now, but imagine how big it would be after year 20 in Franchise. Personally I wouldn't mind though, I still have plenty of room on my HDD and the addition of advanced stats and sabermetrics for a player's career would be worth it.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I remember hearing that the lack of career stats has something to do with the save file becoming to large. I'm not sure how big the save file is now, but imagine how big it would be after year 20 in Franchise. Personally I wouldn't mind though, I still have plenty of room on my HDD and the addition of advanced stats and sabermetrics for a player's career would be worth it.
I've read the same thing about the save file issue.

With MLB 12 I noticed that the save file grows as you play more and more. In MLB 11 and before, the size of a save file was pretty much always the same (meaning only fixed amount of data were kept).

I take this as a good sign that the devs are taking strides toward better stats management.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »