Home

Zone hitting: "Preloading" tips off the pitcher?

This is a discussion on Zone hitting: "Preloading" tips off the pitcher? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Zone hitting: "Preloading" tips off the pitcher?

It's the only thing that I can come up with that explains why I can never seem to predict the pitch location.

Or is it just me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Zone hitting: "Preloading" tips off the pitcher?

You can be just as effective without using the guess location feature. Just place the cursor over the spot of the zone. This way you get the same benefit without taking a hit on you contract for incorrectly guessing. Which helps if you think it's rigged.

Personally, I can see your argument. Following typical patterns, it would lead you to believe that your location guesses would be better than what it is. I went through 18 pitches once before getting the location once. And it's routinely more incorrect guesses per 1 right, than the real odds should have been.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I use guess pitch and I only guess one location, down. I don't care what the count is, what the score is or anything else. I use to guess other zones and I gave up on it. Now I only guess down and my hitting has improved a lot. Try it, for me it has been great. It doesn't mean it will work for you, but for me it is working great, and you will see how many pitches they actually throw in the lower part of the zone, or at least that they try to throw there.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I should mention that I don't use guess pitch or guess location.

I'm merely referring to aiming the PCI to where I think the pitch is coming.

I stopped using Guess location/pitch, hoping to ween myself off it. But I might have to start using it again.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

you can always use guess pitch with no feedback. for a while i didnt need gp and was really against it honestly. but i started to play around with it and to me it really enhances the match up vs the pitcher.

its almost like trying to get into each others head, i cant explain it right. but with feedback on, if you guess wrong you know where the pitch is not going to be. so if i guess inside and i get nothing, then i assume its outside, of course it could be other locations but i think you get the idea. i will take a hit to batting stats if i can narrow the location down, at that point its just waiting to see what pitch is coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »