Home

Buy '12 or wait for '13

This is a discussion on Buy '12 or wait for '13 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
Rookie

user_pick's Arena

OVR: 0
Buy '12 or wait for '13

Hey guys,

I haven't played a FIFA game in long, long time. Looking at FIFA 12 makes me want to buy it but I'm hesitant as '13 will be coming out later this year. My primary interest is in the "Be A Pro" mode (or whatever it's called in the game).

My question is . . . should I spring for a cheaper '12 or wait for '13

Last edited by user_pick; 07-07-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Buy '12 or wait for '13

I've got the same question.

With NCAA 13 looking like another failure I need a new sports game to play. I haven't owned a FIFA game since around 2004 and know very little about the sport so is 12 a good game for a new player to get into or am I better off waiting for whatever improvements they have made for 13?
Old 07-08-2012, 03:44 AM   #3
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Buy fifa 12 , dont wait , generally , the game itself is as good as it gets and waiting for the upcoming version would be stupid for few reasons
1. you are wasting time not playing this great game
2.nobody expects fifa 13 to be much different , of course there will be improvements but it wont be a new game , i imagine fifa 13 being a bigger patch for fifa 12 .

also if you buy fifa 12 now , you wont need to buy fifa 13 whenever it comes out, you can just get it any time you feel like.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:47 AM   #4
Banned

Buy Fifa 12. I faced the same question three weeks ago. I have enjoyed every second of it since. Playing an Online Season is awesome and the gameplay is great and fun.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:34 AM   #5
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

I'd invest in FIFA 12 if only to get some game time in before FIFA 13 is released. You will pick up the basics of the new controls available to you and have a hell of a time whilst you are at it!

Most retailers are dropping their price on this title, take advantage of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

If you're looking for a soccer game to pick up as you haven't had one for awhile and you want to get back into it, definitely get FIFA 12 for cheap.

I'd only say wait for FIFA 13 if you're positive you'll want to buy it and spend the money. However, if you just want a soccer fix for now and to test out where the game is, go with 12.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_pick
Hey guys,

I haven't played a FIFA game in long, long time. Looking at FIFA 12 makes me want to buy it but I'm hesitant as '13 will be coming out later this year. My primary interest is in the "Be A Pro" mode (or whatever it's called in the game).

My question is . . . should I spring for a cheaper '12 or wait for '13
I enjoyed my time with FIFA 12 (Got ~3.5 seasons in with Monaco) but if you're primarily interested in a "Be a Pro" type mode try PES 2012. It's "Be A Legend" blows FIFA's out of the water if for anything, the fact that you can represent your country in the WC, Euros, Copa America, etc...

I'm currently in WCF with my created Chilean AMF and just inked a move to AC Milan from Tottenham.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

Just the first touch control alone should make Fifa 13 a much different (and better, more realistic) game. I think you should hold out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »