Home

Settle a debate, is this cheating in manager mode?

This is a discussion on Settle a debate, is this cheating in manager mode? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-07-2012, 04:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Settle a debate, is this cheating in manager mode?

My friend & I were talking about Manager Mode on FIFA, I was saying I prefer to do ones with my VP (now ~85OVR after 10ish months of playing) & am starting a new MM with a league 2 team (Bristol I think) to hold me over till FIFA 13. I was going to not use my VP in this cause I thought it was a bit sad using someone so high overall in league 2 & it could be cheating a bit. My friend said there wasn't anything wrong with that & it's a good shortcut. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Settle a debate, is this cheating in manager mode?

What you do with your game in the privacy of your home is never cheating. That's just having fun your own particular way. Cheating is when you use some trick to try and win when playing another person.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiepats89
My friend & I were talking about Manager Mode on FIFA, I was saying I prefer to do ones with my VP (now ~85OVR after 10ish months of playing) & am starting a new MM with a league 2 team (Bristol I think) to hold me over till FIFA 13. I was going to not use my VP in this cause I thought it was a bit sad using someone so high overall in league 2 & it could be cheating a bit. My friend said there wasn't anything wrong with that & it's a good shortcut. What do you guys think?
At the end of the day, do what you want, it's all about having fun.

P.S. Never refer to them as "Bristol" to a local fan. Both Rovers fans and City fans (including me) get irked when one of them is referred to as just "Bristol", which happens a lot.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 07-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree with you from a competition standpoint that using such a highly rated player in a lower league is a bit obnoxious, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it cheating because you're doing it to yourself. It's kinda like dashboarding when losing to the AI. If you're going to do that why play?
Old 07-11-2012, 03:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

There's no such thing as cheating when you're playing the computer, it's all about how you make the game most enjoyable for you. You spent your money to play the game in your free time. I for one edit tons of player ratings, especially on my own team (Liverpool), I've bumped players like Skrtel/Agger/Coates/Maxi/Shelvey/Suso/Sterling but also lowered Adam/Downing/Carroll/Henderson/Reina/Gerrard just by trying to adjust their individual stats to make them more realistic to their real life counterparts, I also use custom tactics and sliders and it all makes the game a lot more fun.

In your case I'd just play it in my head like he's a young starlet I was lucky enough to discover, if you can sell him then that's obviously up to you, or he can be a one club man that takes you to the prem. Either way I think it makes sense, I always thought FIFA was to bland with their ratings and their should be players that spiked to higher ratings in lower leagues after big seasons and attracted attention from bigger clubs like in a real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »