Home

We need the option to continue our My Player mode in 2k13

This is a discussion on We need the option to continue our My Player mode in 2k13 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Banned

Redskins_Hokies's Arena

OVR: 0
We need the option to continue our My Player mode in 2k13

Stupid we have to start over every year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: We need the option to continue our My Player mode in 2k13

But what if your in year 2015-2016 in 2k12 how would you continue in 2k13? You would have to sim until 2015 to keep it realistic. But I personally like starting a new one every year to keep myself from becoming too bored.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Yea I can see both sides of the arguement. I'm only half way through one season with my My Player, so starting over would be a pain... Oh well
Old 07-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Why would you have to sim when all the data is in your old myplayer? Everything happened already. It's carrying it over and continuing from that point, no simming.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
Rookie

nttnybuc's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreene7
But what if your in year 2015-2016 in 2k12 how would you continue in 2k13? You would have to sim until 2015 to keep it realistic. But I personally like starting a new one every year to keep myself from becoming too bored.
You could try to do it to where it would only carry over to consecutive seasons and versions of 2K. I know there are flaws in that line of thinking, but that's the only way I can see it getting done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
MVP

And what about new features they might add.. It would cause too much conflicts in the code.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

It would only conflict if they changed ratings. 2K13 could choose certain data from your 2K12 my player to import and you would have to select certain aspects that may be new to 2K13.

The biggest problem would be trying to integrate it with the new roster and the new draft picks. Say you are 4 seasons in, they would either have to add the rookies to the next draft or somehow put you in the free agent pool and erase any current season stats from 2K12.

What I would like to see is an option to export your player at the end of each season, then you can import it into the the 2K13 my player mode or an association, if you wish.

They would have to refund money for signature animations and have you select from the new set of animations and any new tendencies or abilities would also have to be refunded or redone. Not to mention creating your face if they update the create a player graphics.

That is a lot of programming and testing, imho.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
Pro

pjmoore 28's Arena

OVR: 12

I personally feel they should just go back to the way they did my player in 2k10 with the Draft Combine DLC or maybe like a March Madness DLC(read this somewhere else, not my own idea) and make ur guy. You play that, then when u get the game u play like a few more games or so, then get drafted and play from there. I dont dislike restarting every year, i just dislike that i have to grind with so few games to get better. I like more games and longer games (i play all mine on 12 min qtrs) so that i can get more skill points and be better faster. Thats just my 2 cents, i say bring back the Draft Combine and allow us to play that before the game comes out.

Check out my Podcast here

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »