Home

NBA 2K13 Association Wishlist (Top 10)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Association Wishlist (Top 10) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
NBA 2K13 Association Wishlist (Top 10)

Top 10 Association-Specific Wishlist for NBA 2K13

1) Real picture portraits for rookies and generated rookies.
No more computer-generated faces and blank silhouettes. Older versions of 2K had real faces for generated rookies, and it really increased the realism.

2) Have the CPU offer a legitimate trade every once in a while. In 2K12 I never received a trade offer from the CPU that was worth considering. No Atlanta, how many times must I reject your trade offer of Josh Smith and Jeff Teague for Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka?

3) Do away with loyalty rating. How can one predict which players are "extremely loyal?" Dwight Howard is "extremely loyal" in 2K12, I'm sure he'll never leave Orlando...

4) Fix the staff contracts. Some teams have grade-F generated staff members eating up staff funds at $5 million a year over a three-year span. Why must I play through 3 seasons before being able to hire a legitimate scout?

5) Unique contracts. When we have cap space to play with, allow us to offer unique contracts to players instead of limiting us to three options (front-loaded, base, and back-loaded). When the Thunder had cap room a few seasons ago they signed Nick Collison to a deal that offered him $13 million the first season, and dropped it to about $3 million the next. Let us be creative like Sam Presti.

6) Keep the player developmental drills, but don't force us to play through them. Some of the drills are much more difficult than others, and it gets frustrating when I continually lose out on the rebounding drill with my backup power forward because I'm forced to compete against Kevin Love.

7) Give all players secondary positions. In 2K12 if Steve Nash and Chris Paul were on the same team, the CPU would put Nash on the bench and start a 60 OVR 2nd-round shooting guard because both Chris Paul and Steve Nash have no secondary position. In real life Nash would just shift over to shooting guard and start.

8) Option to protect future draft picks when trading. Let me offer a first-round lottery protected draft pick for that above-average role player that I think can help put my team over the top this season.

9) Stash players overseas. Oh, that rookie from Slovenia can't play in the NBA until next year, but I like him as a future piece on my team. I'll draft him in the first round this year to secure his rights, and he can join my team next year.

10) Fluctuating ratings. Shane Battier has a base rating of 77 for his 3-point shot. In the last few games he's been making it rain from downtown, so his 3-point rating has risen to 81. A few weeks ago he was struggling with his shot and had dropped to 73. Note: The more consistent a player is, the less likely his ratings will drop if he hits a little cold spell.

Last edited by TeamBuilder; 07-02-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K13 Association Wishlist (Top 10)

Definitely need to fix loyalty rating but don't do away with it. Make them more realistic. It seems like every player on my team is extremely loyal but doesn't pick player options and want to test FA??? They need to make it where certain players are willing to sacrifice a little dough to bring in key FA or resign existing players. Many may not like them but the Miami Heat big 3 could have gotten a lot more money but they all sacrificed a little to play together.

As far as secondary positions, every player does not need them. Will Dwight Howard play anything but Center??? NO! Steve Nash will never play SG because he'll never be on a team that has a better PG so he should only be positioned as a PG. If you trade to get two star PGs then change their secondary position yourself. If you give them all secondary positions then you'll have situations where someone like Chris Paul is playing SG because his backup PG was in the game.

However, what I would like to see with secondary positions is multiple secondary positions. Like LeBron James, he's listed as a SF/PF but he can play PG/SG/SF/PF. Another example is Lamarcus Aldridge, he can play SF/PF/C but is only listed as a PF/C. Let us have multiple secondary positions like baseball games do.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Really, really, REALLY good list. I just don't think we're early enough in the development cycle to be able to actually influence anything about 2K13 right now. But we can still wish.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder

No more computer-generated faces and blank silhouettes. Older versions of 2K had real faces for generated rookies, and it really increased the realism.

2) Have the CPU offer a legitimate trade every once in a while. In 2K12 I never received a trade offer from the CPU that was worth considering. No Atlanta, how many times must I reject your trade offer of Josh Smith and Jeff Teague for Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka?

3) Do away with loyalty rating. How can one predict which players are "extremely loyal?" Dwight Howard is "extremely loyal" in 2K12, I'm sure he'll never leave Orlando...

4) Fix the staff contracts. Some teams have grade-F generated staff members eating up staff funds at $5 million a year over a three-year span. Why must I play through 3 seasons before being able to hire a legitimate scout?

5) Unique contracts. When we have cap space to play with, allow us to offer unique contracts to players instead of limiting us to three options (front-loaded, base, and back-loaded). When the Thunder had cap room a few seasons ago they signed Nick Collison to a deal that offered him $13 million the first season, and dropped it to about $3 million the next. Let us be creative like Sam Presti.

6) Keep the player developmental drills, but don't force us to play through them. Some of the drills are much more difficult than others, and it gets frustrating when I continually lose out on the rebounding drill with my backup power forward because I'm forced to compete against Kevin Love.

7) Give all players secondary positions. In 2K12 if Steve Nash and Chris Paul were on the same team, the CPU would put Nash on the bench and start a 60 OVR 2nd-round shooting guard because both Chris Paul and Steve Nash have no secondary position. In real life Nash would just shift over to shooting guard and start.

8) Option to protect future draft picks when trading. Let me offer a first-round lottery protected draft pick for that above-average role player that I think can help put my team over the top this season.

9) Stash players overseas. Oh, that rookie from Slovenia can't play in the NBA until next year, but I like him as a future piece on my team. I'll draft him in the first round this year to secure his rights, and he can join my team next year.

10) Fluctuating ratings. Shane Battier has a base rating of 77 for his 3-point shot. In the last few games he's been making it rain from downtown, so his 3-point rating has risen to 81. A few weeks ago he was struggling with his shot and had dropped to 73. Note: The more consistent a player is, the less likely his ratings will drop if he hits a little cold spell.
Pretty good list, only things I don't agree with is the realistic pictures for generated rookies, they did the photo realism before and it just looks silly to have 20 to 30 players in the league who look the same, also I think it hurts if you have a created draft class with realistic photo's because I am certain they won't match the face. Cyberfaces as photo wasn't a bad choice they just need them to replace every silhouette in game, like during player subs etc etc.

The whole Nash to SG thing if you have 2 star PGs I doubt that will ever happen in real life very often but you already have the ability to change it manually so I see no point in them doing it for you...no the cpu in association mode should be smart enough to figure something out themselves though.

I like player personalities, they need to be tuned a bit better though. A player should go from extremely loyal to not loyal if he consistently changes teams every chance he gets in Free Agency as it is right now they only become more loyal the longer they stay with a team so it needs to be more dynamic, I would also like to see players demand trades if they feel like the Front Office isn't making the right moves to improve a struggling team over multiple years or whatever the situation maybe (Player Personality, loyalty, desire to play for a winning team, and financial security all could effect this decision or even the Lamar Odom effect getting traded when a player really wanted to stay) of course lets not over due it though, could help develop some storylines for your association to keep commentary fresh each season if there is any news like this around the league.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

1. Add PER line ups or a system that does always start the highest rated players. Players are more affective together

2. Fix the rotations and mins, some role players avg less than 10mins a game.

3. Trades!!!!!

4. Implement the team Off, Def and Overall ratings, home & away winnings, weekly fatigue. The worst teams are too good and the good ones are sometimes below avg.

5. Fix the stats; players below avg rebounders and passers avg 5+ a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just don't think we're early enough in the development cycle to be able to actually influence anything about 2K13 right now.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

I like all these except number one I'd much rather have a cyber face than some predetermined picture that looks nothing like my players.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder

1. I agree. It'd be nice to see some real faces instead of animated ones or silhouettes.

2. A lot of the time the CPU trade offers are a little ridiculous, but I have gotten some good ones from them and sometimes you can use the bad ones as a starting place when trading with a team.

3. I'm not sure how this is determined, so I'm not sure how they'd fix it. If it's designed in a way that a player will want to stay on his current team because they are consistently winning then that's fine. If it's just random what players are loyal then it needs to be fixed/removed.

4. 100% agree. Every time I start a new Association with the Celtics I'm stuck with my NBA Scout eating up $5M per year for the first two seasons. I'd like it if they gave us the option of building our own staff going into the first year of an Association.

5. I love this idea. It'd be a great addition and a lot of fun if we were able to give unique contracts to players.

6. Another good idea. I like doing the drills, but I'd rather have the option to sim some of them instead of having to play all of them.

7. If done right this would work. If every player had a secondary position I'd be worried about the CPU putting them in their secondary position even when it didn't make sense.

8. Protected picks would add some realism to the trading process and would be a great addition to the game.

9. This would add some more realism to the game.

10. If they can get to work properly in the game I'd love to see fluctuating ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »